Upgraded to Windows 8.1...lost all savestates
I "upgraded" to Windows 8.1 last weekend.

Today I fired up PCSX2 to see if my controller works (with Motionjoy/DS2 tool) since it isn't working in Steam now.

First I got an error saying it couldn't find the bios file, so I had to redirect it to the bios files. Then, I fire up FFXII and try to load save states but there aren't any there. So I went to look in the sstates folder and it is empty.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is really horrible. I want to check the memory card also, but my controller still isn't working since updating to Windows 8.1

I'm so pissed right now.

Sponsored links

Where are your savestates and such stored? It's likely PCSX2 is just looking in the wrong place
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-26-2013, 12:39 AM)refraction Wrote: Where are your savestates and such stored? It's likely PCSX2 is just looking in the wrong place

The new folder that it points to is C:\Users\[user]\Videos\Documents\PCSX2\sstates

I don't know where the old one was, if it's still there. The folder I mentioned above is empty. Sad
have you tried looking under c:\users\[your old user]\Documents\PCSX2\sstates ?

or in the PCSX2 folder as there is an sstates folder there.

I found them in their old place, /Documents/!!

Thanks so much for your help!
ok i'm assuming your from the us (tbh i don't know as you haven't listed where your from)

look here for your games name/ serial no
http://www.sonyindex.com/Pages/PS2_US_Name.htm then use the SLUS-20672 serial number (or what ever your game is called) and do a search on your hard drive,

if you aren't from the us or you are from asia look here http://www.sonyindex.com/index.htm

if you still have the save states, remember they can only be used with the emulator you saved the states on ,or they are likely to not be usable

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-do-I-...to-another

afaik their are save states here on the forum (you'll have to search for them) good luck
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
dr emulator: read the thread first please, his problem has been solved ;p

(12-26-2013, 02:10 AM)okiringo Wrote: I found them in their old place, /Documents/!!

Thanks so much for your help!

ok you replied before i'd finishedBlush rep goes to refraction Tongue

(12-26-2013, 02:29 AM)refraction Wrote: dr emulator: read the thread first please, his problem has been solved ;p

sorry as said he replied before i had finished (i also was searching for the user uploaded save states in case he needed themBlush)
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)