Upgrading pcsx2 from 1.0.0 to r5704 and now Mana Khemia 2 won't recognize memory card
Why the hell you posted screenshot from your GSdx.ini instead of just copying the content?(if you really can't simply list those few of your non default settings >.>)

The blinking problem was caused by PCSX2 gif rewrite, not GSdx, so you have to use older PCSX2 version(any pre-r4821) with as new GSdx as you need for the other hack.
Also, native res is exactly how the original game should look on modern displays, by disabling native you do nothing else than enabling one of the upscalling options which will never be perfect and in many games cause extra glitches which you either live with, use hw hacks trying to fix it, or get back to native and enjoying original PS2 graphics XX years laterTongue.

Sponsored links

I've tried putting new gsdx from 5701-5704 into r4600 and 4800 and it cause instant crash at start up...this issue coupled with the fact that there's line glitch when using native (since I couldn't enable sprite hack on older gsdx to negate them) made me run out of idea of what to do to fix.

Also the reason I put ss from gsdx.ini instead of whole file was because I think it would be easier to read this way,and the rest of the ini content doesn't seem to matter anyway since the issue is with the hacks.

Another thing worth noting is that I notice the in-game letters become much sharper and clearer without native and texture filtering(despite all those line glitches)..most notably when looking at in-game grow book data.
I can use new GSdx even at 0.9.6 or older, and it surely works in previous official version as well, so dunno what problem you haveTongue. The only thing that wouldn't be compatible is visual studio version as new pcsx2 versions are compiled with VS2010 and older ones with VS2008, but that should only break the log messages at most from what I know and tested and in fact if you download SVN version from before r4821 for example r4820 it should already be compiled with same version of VS as the latest one and hopefully still be ok for this game;p. Just to be sure make it clear without copying your old ini files since one of them might be behind the crash:].

Obviously it get's sharper with upscalling that's what it is for >.> and without texture filtering, since filtering basically blends pixels together to smooth the textures which is kind of opposite to sharpening>.>, but it doesn't change the fact that original game wasn't sharp at all so blurriness etc is not a bug or anything. Native res and "colored" texture filtering is how the game should work originally. Anything else might be an improvement, but it also might get extra problems as PS2 games are not ready for this and there's nothing much to do emulator side other than hacks which we have alot of already, through they work only in specific problems:]. Long time passed since I played this game so it might be possible some new hack could improve those upscalling "line" glitches, but if not, then it's a choice between bad and worser but that's very subjective, left for your choice.

And about the screenshot that's exactly the point;p it doesn't show half of the stuff, it's not like this ini file stores your personal data and it turns everything into guessing, but anyway it's useless since those problems are known as you linked most of the threads about the problem yourself already and should know solutions. Have no clue why you get that crash, but fixing it up will be your best bet about running this game as glitchless as possible(not totally if you need upscale and sharpness through).
Are you quite sure that's how the original game is supposed to look ?(the letters seems kinda too faded compared to what I've seen on youtube)

And after trying 5701 gsdx on 4820 it still crash. This time after loading last save.(even after starting fresh ini)
Care to post the emulog after the crash?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
Here's emulog.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 13,55 KB / Downloads: 190)
Ugh,after doing some more extensive tests on 4600 to 5355(the first 1.1.0 build) the same issue still persists.

I'm now curious as to which build that remove this whole problem like vsub mentioned..any clue would be appreciated.
The whole plugin system is makes plugins and pcsx2 versions compatible without problem most of the time, but I did tried r4820 with latest GSdx and in fact while in other games it works just fine, Mana Khemia 2 seems to have some problems of it's own when mixing new plugin with old pcsx2, it's stupid and I don't understand what's happening;p, I also don't have any DVCI spam in the log like you yet it crashed. So I build myself old GSdx version with Sprite Hack and it seems to work fine as far as I tested;p.

So if you interested, use that r4820 and this GSdx:
.7z   Sprite hack for r4820 - Mana Khemia 2 drama.7z (Size: 232,51 KB / Downloads: 206)
Then just enable Sprite Hack at half(checkbox colored) and in native res the game should have no problems at all. Or if you prefer use upscalling with extra ~ unfixable glitches.
Edit: totally forgot about one detail;p it's old version so instead of hw hack menu hacks are hidden untill you add "allowHacks=1" line to GSdx.ini

And yeah the game originally was blurry and pixelated, like most other PS2 games:]. Upscalling is an enhancement not a way to make the game look properly.
Thanks,after applying your file it now no longer have the tearing and glitches in and out of battles.

Btw I noticed the peculiarity of your file name and I hope this doesn't annoy someone too much that they see it that wayTongue2
Hehe;x, well it is drama ~_~ new plugins work just fine on this or any older version of pcsx2 in other games, so why Mana Khemia 2 would be different I have no clue. At least we have a solution for that untill by some chance somebody fixes whatever got broken with new gif transfer code for this game.