Upscaling Issue
Question 
I've been on a binge of PS2 games recently, going through my old library and playing through them. I've gotten to Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires, and I've run across a graphical bug that I'm unsure about. When I upscale the game resolution, I get weird vertical lines on the screen (I've checked, and they don't seem to appear on the native resolution). These aren't solid color lines like I've seen in other threads. It looks more like a folding effect. Here is an example. You can easily see them on the face and leg. Below are my specs:

CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB
RAM: 16 GB

PCSX2 Version: 1.6.0

Large Framebuffer
Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware)
Internal Resolution: 6x
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

I've messed around with some of the HW hacks, but nothing has shown any promise other than Align Sprite removing some secondary graphical issues. If worse comes to worst, I can go back to the native resolution, but since this seems to be the only issue with the hardware renderer so far, I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything. Is there anything that I could do to mitigate this issue?

Sponsored links

I have an update for this issue. I noticed that if I set the Texture Offset for the x-axis to some high value (around 800 or so), I can thin the lines somewhat, but they don't seem to go away completely. It also looks like the lines occur at the same positions regardless of resolution. What's interesting is I've found some other people online who can run this game at higher resolutions with no issues, but when I replicate their settings, I get the lines.
Round sprite also helps, but blurs the image a bit