Urban Chaos Riot Response: getting it to work?
The game loads up fine until it hits actual rendered gameplay. For example, loading up the very first level gives me a quick burst of sound before locking up my WHOLE computer -- I don't get anything more than a black screen. Not a single rendered image.

The compatibility list says it's only "in-game," and a post explaining further details says most of the GS plugins have visual errors such as green screens and missing textures. But I see there are widescreen patches for the game -- so it must work for some people, if not perfectly. What are the settings YOU use to get this game to work, if it works for anyone at all?

And is there a way to make this game run better through hacks and patches?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=U

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Urban-Cha...0-U--28449

Quote: Status In Game

sorry dude it might be fixed in the future, but as of PCSX2 1.3 5893 .svn it's listed as in game

Quote:Ingame: You can get through menus, intro cutscenes / videos, and see ingame graphics, but either due to graphical bugs, crashes, un-resolved errors, you can't play through the entire game.

hm read your full post and mine doesn't say anything different to what you've already read
my advice is keep checking the svn builds here as the devs may have fixed the problem without knowing
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
Ah, I was just wondering if anyone had a similar problem that they somehow solved -- not for my specific problem, but if you insist:

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
4gb RAM
Intel Core2 Duo @ ~2.3GHz
Windows Vista 64-bit

I'm using the latest build (1.2.1). All the settings are default, except for configuring the controller buttons.
I'm using an ISO.
fine.
can you please post the emulog.txt after it crashed ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-07-2014, 11:46 AM)jesalvein Wrote: fine.
can you please post the emulog.txt after it crashed ?

Well, it's technically not a crash. My computer just freezes. I can do literally nothing but turn it off and turn it back on again. (I'll do what I can, but I'll need a minute.)
Yeah, the log doesn't save because it's a freeze, not a crash. But I just found out I wasn't running on default video settings so I'm trying one more time!

EDIT: I was able to get the log after running the game (but having to close it because it froze BUT I had a split second to hit the close window button)! Unfortunately, I don't believe it says anything about an error.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 2,57 KB / Downloads: 175)
Quote: Binding GS: F:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-ssse3-r5875.dll
Windows 6.0.6002 (Service Pack 2 2.0)
(GameDB) 9655 games on record (loaded in 464ms)
Binding PAD: F:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\lilypad-r5875.dll

Why is the gamedb loaded during the plugins? It is always like that?

You can also get the log if the game/your pc was crashing. It is written into the emulog.txt in the logs-folder in your documents\pcsx2
(04-07-2014, 12:28 PM)willkuer Wrote: Why is the gamedb loaded during the plugins? It is always like that?

You can also get the log if the game/your pc was crashing. It is written into the emulog.txt in the logs-folder in your documents\pcsx2
Hmm, I don't know. Do you think that's a relevant problem? I can't imagine how.

There's only one log in that folder from all the times I've tried loading up the game (probably about 5), and it's a copy of the one I just uploaded. It just plain doesn't save the error logs. I think it's just a rendering problem because EVERYTHING works until I reach the first level. The main menus, the cutscenes -- everything.
Update: Video accomplished, but there's a green-tinged screen on software modes. Hardware modes don't even work. Can't upload the log for software mode, but it has this reoccurring error:

GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled

Apparently it's my graphics card.