Using Dev 1.5.0 Builds and Revisions
Question 
I've been using 1.4.0 for a while and just now figured out that I could I update to 1.5.0 and I've been digging around with Google for the past 3 hours or so.

I found this post about how to update 1.4.0 to the latest 1.5.0 revision: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-u...5-0-builds

Following the thread's advice and merging the folders in my 1.4.0 directory did nothing, but maybe they meant I had to replace them? It also brought up something I am also confused about. How do you run the revisions in portable mode? Is there a frontend I need to download or do I run something in command prompt?

Not sure if I just somehow missed this information somewhere or it's not widely available, but every tutorial involves a 2 year old 1.5.0 build which they install just like 1.4.0 with no extra steps or copying or using the GIT revisions of any kind.

Sponsored links

You do not need to merge them.
1. Extract that PCSX2 1.5 wherever you want, excluding Program Files folder.
2. Then copy your BIOS, memcards and cheats to that folder.
3. Right click on pcsx2.exe and click on "Create a pin in start menu" or "Create a shortcut", place your shortcut on your Desktop.
4. Run your emulator using one of these shortcuts.
5. Setup your settings.
6. Get rid of, uninstall, 1.4.
Done.

To update 1.5 versions just download new ones when they appear and extract to that same folder overwriting files inside. After that you will have short plugin selection on start up once. Choose to import your settings, and continue playing.
I never used the installer version so I am not sure where the bios is(either in pcsx2\bios or in documents\pcsx2\bios)
The memory cards are in Documents\PCSX2\memcards
The save states are also there but they are not compatible with 1.5.0,so it's best to save your games while using 1.4.0 to the memory cards and then copy the memcards folder to the pcsx2 1.5.0 folder
(05-28-2019, 07:43 PM)Arethien Wrote: You do not need to merge them.
1. Extract that PCSX2 1.5 wherever you want, excluding Program Files folder.
2. Then move your BIOS, memcards and cheats to that folder.
3. Right click on pcsx2.exe and click on "Create a pin in start menu" or "Create a shortcut", place your shortcut on your Desktop.
4. Run your emulator using one of these shortcuts.
5. Setup your settings.
6. Get rid of, uninstall, 1.4.
Done.

To update 1.5 versions just download new ones when they appear and extract to that same folder overwriting files inside. After that you will have short plugin selection on start up once. Choose to import your settings, and continue playing.

There is no pcsx2.exe in the latest revision, at least not that I can see. https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/tree/afd5...221714707d
Why did you go there when you already had a good link before?
Use this PCSX2 1.5.
So you're supposed to download windows 32-bit? Now I just feel stupid. I guess I've been conditioned to only download the 64-bit version of any program and I was looking for that instead. Thanks for the help
Yes, there's no 64 bit version of PCSX2. It is preferred to use 64 bit versions of programs if available, because they will run better if made properly, but 32 bit programs run just fine on 64 bit systems.
pcsx2 is runnable on win10 64bit OS.....the emulator will tagged as 32-bit in the task manager.....i was able to run half-life on my win10 64 bit
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Aside from my lack of common sense, can someone explain how to use the dev revisions in portable mode? I heard it was pretty useful to play around with the settings without screwing up all your directories.
(05-28-2019, 07:53 PM)vsub Wrote: I never used the installer version so I am not sure where the bios is(either in pcsx2\bios or in documents\pcsx2\bios)
The memory cards are in Documents\PCSX2\memcards
The save states are also there but they are not compatible with 1.5.0,so it's best to save your games while using 1.4.0 to the memory cards and then copy the memcards folder to the pcsx2 1.5.0 folder

I agree with saving your game on memory card. I f you dont want to delete your 1.4.0 version, you can check on the config of pcsx2 then see the memcards directories then copy it open up your GIT version, go to config then paste the directory of your saved files in 1.4.0. thats what i did.  Smile