Using a USB controller but don't have full 360 directions
Nothing I do seems to fix this problem. It's probably something obvious I've missed though. Is it supposed to do full 360 directions even though it only lets you put in up down left and right? Is there anything else I have to do to get it to do 360 directions?
So I assume there's no way to fix this bug? That's a shame.
Nobody has a fix?

Sponsored links

Sorry for the necrobump, but I still have this problem. My controller works fine. During the test I did I was able to get full 360 directions. Even in other ps2 games it works fine.
Do you have "mode" button pressed by any chance?;3 Then it would simply be a feature of the pad, if the game you play was ment to move character using d-pad only(dunno, but I guess there must be some like that), not only full 360 degrees movement isn't supported by game, but if you're using the "mode" button to swith d-pad with analog, it starts working as a normal d-pad, limited in same way.
I'm not really such a pad addict, but my logitech works just fine with everything on default settings and I also use directinput as you showing on the screenshot, through I'm using svn versions of pcsx2, but that's probably doesn't matter.
(01-20-2012, 07:06 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Do you have "mode" button pressed by any chance?;3 Then it would simply be a feature of the pad, if the game you play was ment to move character using d-pad only(dunno, but I guess there must be some like that), not only full 360 degrees movement isn't supported by game, but if you're using the "mode" button to swith d-pad with analog, it starts working as a normal d-pad, limited in same way.
I'm not really such a pad addict, but my logitech works just fine with everything on default settings and I also use directinput as you showing on the screenshot, through I'm using svn versions of pcsx2, but that's probably doesn't matter.

The mode button on my controller just swaps the joystick and d-pad around. It is off BTW.

Also, my friend seems to have the same problem. He tried using a PS3 controller, and has the same problem. He also burnt the iso to a disk (we use the English patch), and tried playing it on an actual PS2 and the problem persists. I'm not sure whats going on since you guys seem to have it working fine.
Do you have a PS3 controller like your friend? If you do, you can connect it to your PC via USB, download this driver - http://www.motioninjoy.com/download and follow this guide to properly setting it up - http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps...r-on-a-pc/ (you don't have to use that guide, I found it the best one though). When you have set it up, go to the "Profiles" tab, and select "Playstation 2 (POV,joysticks)". Click the pink "Enable" button below "LED" then click "Vibration Testing" your controller should vibrate if done correctly. Click "Game Controller Panel", properties, settings tab, and calibrate. Then when configuring the controller in Lilypad, the device should say "DX Motionjoy Virtual Game Controller". The axis should properly work.

It might work with PS2 controllers as well, I haven't tested it though. Hope this helps.
I just use a generic logitec gamepad. Nothing special. I'll try that though with his controller and see it it works.

It's the Logitech Gamepad F310 if that helps.
I think any unofficial controller can be dodgy. I would try and always stick to an official PlayStation controller for PCSX2, or an Xbox 360 controller as an alternative.
Logitech F310/510/710 are one of the best native pc pads with both direct input and xinput modes, it's not really a noname with lack of quality and broken analogs;].

@op what's the game you're trying to play using the pad? Maybe it simply doesn't support 360 degree movement:].
(01-20-2012, 05:08 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Logitech F310/510/710 are one of the best native pc pads with both direct input and xinput modes, it's not really a noname with lack of quality and broken analogs;].

@op what's the game you're trying to play using the pad? Maybe it simply doesn't support 360 degree movement:].

My bad, I've personally never heard of them before! Using an official Sony PlayStation controller is still the real deal in my opinion Tongue
(01-20-2012, 05:08 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Logitech F310/510/710 are one of the best native pc pads with both direct input and xinput modes, it's not really a noname with lack of quality and broken analogs;].

I'm trying to play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix +. I'm pretty sure it supports 360 directions because my original pal version of KH2 supports 360 directions.