Using a USB controller but don't have full 360 directions
It's a little difficult to explain. It goes up down left and right fine. It also does diagonals. When it is going diagonal I can turn normally, until it gets to a certain point where it jumps to either up down left or right again. I've drawn a picture up in paint to help explain it better (terrible at paint, hope you get the point though). All the black bits are directions, the circle in the middle is the joystick itself. White parts in between are the places where it "jumps" to one of the other directions.

What I want is so that I get the full 360 directions and not just those bits.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

either the calibration is off, or the gyro is faulty.
So... how do I fix it? I'm not good with the settings menu that much and I couldn't find anything to do with calibration after a quick look. I'm using lilypad because it's the only one there.
Oh yeah, this is the controller I'm using by the way.

http://www.logitech.com/gaming/controllers/devices/7360
on windows XP and maybe vista, the Game Controller properties in control panel has what you need.
in windows 7, you need to open devices and printers, and right click on the control in the list and hit properties.
And then what?
Is the controller axis still not working properly after calibration? It could be possibly it is a hardware failure, like Squall suggested.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
The settings screen shows that the joystick is working properly. However something strange happens (only sometimes) when I try to use set up my pad for pcsx2. Sometimes but not all the time it will show it working right on the calibration screen but in game it does what I said in the first post, however other times it will be screwing up in the calibration window as well, but only when pcsx2 is running.

I tried this controller in other games and it works perfect there. This is the only one I can't get my controller to work properly for, so I doubt it's a hardware defect.
Would a different pad plugin help? Where can I get one?
If you're using Windows XP, try testing your controller using the "Game Controllers" program and the test option to see if you can use the full axis. No idea for other OS'.

If the full axis doesn't work, no plugin is going to help you out. Sorry.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
I'm on windows 7, and on the gamepad window it shows I can use the full axis. It even works perfect on other games as I have stated before PCSX2 is the only program that for some reason wont recognize the full 360 degrees for my gamepad. I got it to work accidentally one time for my right analog stick, but I can't replicate that now no matter what I do. Maybe I am doing something wrong when I set up my controls...

I attached a picture of my control pad settings. is there something I have to do with the circled part to get it to work properly? I haven't touched that at all yet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)