Using gamepad buttons as hotkeys
I don't think those kinds of hotkeys will be Ideal for the controllers since, unlike keyboard all the keys on the controller have some valid attribute (or) control for the game. I don't think that we can even use anything more than 2 hotkeys on a controller. I think that's the main reason on why the hotkey's weren't made for the controller customization in the first place.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

(04-13-2015, 08:17 AM)ssakash Wrote: I don't think those kinds of hotkeys will be Ideal for the controllers since, unlike keyboard all the keys on the controller have some valid attribute (or) control for the game. I don't think that we can even use anything more than 2 hotkeys on a controller. I think that's the main reason on why the hotkey's weren't made for the controller customization in the first place.

It depends on the game. Through JoyToKey I generally have L3/R3 and select all mapped. In many games L2/R2 go unused as well. So that's potentially 5 useful buttons there. Also a lot of games duplicate the Dpad and the analog stick(they both control movement) so one could potentially map only the analog stick and gain up/down/left/right as hotkeys too. That's 9 potential hotkeys on a controller.

And having them mappable as opposed to the hack is because of that too. For instance, my original R3 save state hack would be useful, unless the game uses R3. But if we have mappable controls, and the game uses R3, we can put it elsewhere(say on select).
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
okay, I understand. the custom mapping enables us to check specific settings for each games and use it depending on the number of valid keys which the game uses as control. then, I think it's good. but, you still didn't explain on how you will make the changes.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-13-2015, 08:29 AM)ssakash Wrote: okay, I understand. the custom mapping enables us to check specific settings for each games and use it depending on the number of valid keys which the game uses as control. then, I think it's good. but, you still didn't explain on how you will make the changes.

Well I explained all I know for now which is how it will ultimately work. I still have to dig in the code and figure it out. I only recently learned how to manipulate the UI effectively(whilst adding the new hack tickboxes) and that was what had prevented me from working on it thus far.

One thing I do know is it will work somewhat similarly to the L3 hack. The reason why is the PCSX2 plugin API does not expose a way to directly control the main emulator functions. Therefor, the mapped keys will not directly pass "save state" back to the emulator as that would require rewriting the plugin API. It will instead send an F1 keypress in the same way as the current hack. The difference will be the controller button that sends that key is mappable, that it will have it's own tab, and that it will include many different functions.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Something that would be rather convenient for the mapping, since most buttons will be used would be to allow up to press two specific buttons in order to do a command. Such as L3 + R3 to enable and disable full screen. Then you could map quite a few things by doing so and not messing about with too many crucial commands in a game because then you could have L3 + R3 or L2 or R2 or Select, which makes it four different commands possible on buttons that typically aren't as game crucial (unless it's an FPS game). Just seems handy for mapping on something that has a limited amount of buttons.
(04-13-2015, 06:21 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: Does anyone know how to do this in PCSX2_keys.ini? Apparently it's possible, check out rama's last comment towards the bottom:
https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=4917

I don't think rama's comment suggest that. It suggests that the next commit fixes a bug which prevent this commit from binding normal keys, but starting with the next commit, normal keys can be bound too.

PCSX2 does NOT support mapping joystick keys for PCSX2 functions which are defined at pcsx2_keys.ini .

Either use joy2key or wait for blyss to write a patch for lylipad which could do that.

(04-13-2015, 07:17 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: which the commit comment suggests is possible, but IDK.

If the commit comment suggest this, then I didn't clarify it good enough. But I reread it and I still can't see how one could deduce from it that joystick keys can work too.
Well where I got that was:

[Image: 195785.png]

But now that I think of it he may be referring to the L3 hack that we got.
Yeah that's where I got it from as well, Blyss. But I guess you're right, rama might have been talking about the L3 turbo hack.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
actually, he was referring to previous commit which initialized the R3 turbo hack. but, I found some interesting comment on there.

[Image: kZ8Xjbe.jpg]
- Refraction