V8 Supercars 2 "disc error"
Hi, Recently a friend of mine came by my place with a copy of V8 Supercars 2 he'd gotten from Australia ages ago. He'd also brought his memory card, so we played for some time, until I suggested to try it on my computer with PCSX2. I made an image of it, and ran the game on PCSX2, but when starting a race, it would load for some time then tell me "disc error". What is going on? Thanks.
Intel Core 2 vPro (C2D) E8400 3.0 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB GDDR5 RAM
4 GB DDR2 RAM.

Sponsored links

if you wanna try a game try look here first..
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
There is nothing there. The game is PAL (it is from Australia). It worked on both our PS2's, but not on PCSX2.
4 GB DDR2 RAM.
like i said you should look in there first..
if there's nothing in there means there's no one trying to play that game or the status is really UNKNOWN..

(11-10-2010, 01:36 PM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: like i said you should look in there first..
if there's nothing in there means there's no one trying to play that game or the status is really UNKNOWN..

It is not available in that list. Apparently, it's the same as TOCA Race Driver 2. However, the PAL version of that game isn't on the list either. Thanks for the help though.
4 GB DDR2 RAM.
maybe if you try out the next build or revision maybe some luck will let us play that game..

(11-10-2010, 01:44 PM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: maybe if you try out the next build or revision maybe some luck will let us play that game..

Seeing as this build came less than a month ago, I won't hold my breath for the next build anytime soon.
4 GB DDR2 RAM.
yeah me neither..
btw if u can play it on ps2 then just go ahead..
i played it on my laptop coz my ps2 dvd reader died..

Yeah, that's what I'm doing currently. I'm just waiting for the day when my Laptop replaces my PS2 (like it replaced my PSX, and N64).
4 GB DDR2 RAM.
My friend came over today again, and we played V8 Supercars 2. I also tried it on my computer, and this time, I used the DVD itself, instead of the ISO. Yes, it was slower, but it started the race. The problem was, I couldn't configure it to run more than 7 FPS in a race. Oh well. I guess it's just real PS2 for a while now.
4 GB DDR2 RAM.