VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to use your DS3/DS4 on your PC using SCP drivers
There seems to be a lot of people having issues with the Scarlet.Crush's XInput Wrapper so I figured I'd create a thread linking to some high quality tutorial videos that walk you through the whole process in detail. I'm not a fan of the zipped package Wiltshire includes in the description for his videos (since it could go out of date at some point) so I recommend everyone to download the latest SCP package from the official thread and the latest 360 drivers from the official Microsoft site. As of the time of writing, Scarlet.Crush hasn't provided a single .7z file that has all of the files you need in their most up-to-date versions so you'll need to download two separate packages:

SCP-DS-Driver-Package-1.2.0.160.7z - The latest version available of the full package which includes everything you need
SCP-DS-Driver-Package-1.2.2.175-Update.7z - The latest versions of certain files that are part of the package. You'll want to replace the files contained in the 1.2.0.160 package with the ones in this .7z file if you want to have the most up-to-date files.

DS3 Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpSaOJJIun8
DS4 Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gMltAE6BQc

If your BT dongle is not in the supported list, watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuxXUKN1vz8

Here's some other SCP-related videos that Wiltshire has made that you may find useful:
https://www.youtube.com/user/wiltshire12...?query=scp

To reiterate, here's a list of the files you will need:
1. Microsoft .NET 4.0
2. Visual C 2013 Runtime
3. Latest DirectX Runtime
4. Latest Xbox 360 Controller Drivers available
5. Scarlet.Crush's XInput Wrapper full package (version 1.2.0.160)
6. Scarlet.Crush's XInput Wrapper update (version 1.2.2.175) *Note this only updates certain files, it won't work by itself!

P.S. If you've ever tried using MotioninJoy/DS3 Tool, please make sure to completely uninstall it by following these instructions:
(09-14-2014, 05:53 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: First, use it's normal uninstaller. Then:

Plug in your DS3.

Go into device manager: (Windows key + R, then type "devmgmt.msc" with no quotes.)

Expand the Human Interface Devices section and find your DS3.

Right click on it, and choose properties.

Go the the driver tab and click "uninstall" and then in the box that pops up MAKE SURE TO CHECK "Delete the driver software for this device." Okay that, then reboot.

It should be gone. I helped a guy on here through Teamviewer recently and this is how we finally got rid of it. MotionInJoy is pesky adware.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU

Sponsored links

Can these toturials be used for DS4 & DS3 coexistence wirelessly on the same system (not necesarily using the same BT dongle) ?
I haven't tried it myself but I see no reason why you couldn't use both a DS3 and a DS4 on the same system, even at the same time. Give it a shot and get back to me though, I'd love to know. Smile
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
so, yeah, it works , but only via the same bluetooth dongle.
windows system doesn't allow two BT dongles to function in the same time. the only downside you lose the possibility to use other apps with more advanced options for the DS4 (trackpad, macros etc.). the DS4 driver being replaced those apps don't recognize de ds4 anymore...
hopefully there will be a fix in the future for this.
How do I get it to show up as an XBOX 360 controller? I followed all the steps and it's still showing as a PS3 controller under Control Panel.
I'm using Windows 8 and I followed all the steps correctly. This is what it's showing. http://puu.sh/dATc8/c11498859d.png but under Control Panel it's still showing an PS3 controller and not an XB360.
Where in the Control Panel? Under 'Devices and Printers'? Also, are you using USB? Or is it BT? Because if it's BT then something might me wrong according to SCP Monitor.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
(12-19-2014, 09:44 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Where in the Control Panel? Under 'Devices and Printers'? Also, are you using USB? Or is it BT? Because if it's BT then something might me wrong according to SCP Monitor.

Yes Under Devices and Printers, I'm also using an USB but want to use BT but if not it's ok.
should this work with any bluetooth dongle?
with my asus bt-400 bluetooth it worked like a charm.
trying to get my CSR cheapo BT dongle doesn't work. the DS3 just doesn't pair with the BT. it just gives bth 000000 none

LE: so, yeah, I have like 4 BT dongles, and my DS3 got paired with one of them yesterday (wich is a friends, not my mine) . the problem is it remained paired with that one. not even reset button fixes this. it will still connect to it it after reseting ds3. i suspect this is the problem that prevents it to pair to other dongle. any ideeas?
(12-20-2014, 10:16 AM)apoklyps3 Wrote: should this work with any bluetooth dongle?
with my asus bt-400 bluetooth it worked like a charm.
trying to get my CSR cheapo BT dongle doesn't work. the DS3 just doesn't pair with the BT. it just gives bth 000000 none

LE: so, yeah, I have like 4 BT dongles, and my DS3 got paired with one of them yesterday (wich is a friends, not my mine) . the problem is it remained paired with that one. not even reset button fixes this. it will still connect to it it after reseting ds3. i suspect this is the problem that prevents it to pair to other dongle. any ideeas?

atleast you got it working somehow. mine won't show up as a Xbox 360 Controller it's stuck as showing up as a PS3 controller still.
controller drivers hasn't been installed for you. uninstall and retry the whole process