VM (Virutal Machine Version)?
Does anyone know where this one is? I have been looking for it. Apprently it is a lot faster. My specs are quite good fx 6300 stock and a 7950

Sponsored links

Are you referring to the VM build? The last one of that was 0.9.4 i think...
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

that was last used in 0.9.5 I believe. But it is not longer used, and has been replaced.

Also, pcsx2 has improved a great deal since then and it is much faster on its own
So what do you guys suggest for better performance in Ratchet and Clank. I get a constant 60 fps but not with the software mod that makes things look ok. Also in certain spots it still it laggy even though it's at 60 fps.

I was told to come back in a couple of years and here I am now!
Just use the latest release or svn version. The game still isnt amazingly quick but it playable
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

yes, it isn't perfect, but you'll have to make due
(05-13-2013, 10:35 PM)refraction Wrote: Just use the latest release or svn version. The game still isnt amazingly quick but it playable

Is there a way to get software mod (f9) stable it kills my performance and I have a pretty decent pc.
software threads perhaps?
You can try finding the best combination of GSdx extra rendering threads and the MTVU speedhack in PCSX2 (on or off).
With a 4 core CPU I'd start with MTVU enabled and 3 extra rendering threads.
(Yes, I know this is more threads than there are cores to handle them but not every thread needs 100% of a core's cycles.)
(05-14-2013, 09:46 AM)rama Wrote: You can try finding the best combination of GSdx extra rendering threads and the MTVU speedhack in PCSX2 (on or off).
With a 4 core CPU I'd start with MTVU enabled and 3 extra rendering threads.
(Yes, I know this is more threads than there are cores to handle them but not every thread needs 100% of a core's cycles.)

I'm rather new to this would you mind explaining this to me in more detail please. I have a 6 core cpu.