VM does not work while overclocked CPU/FSB/RAM ???
For some reason, while I have my cpu/fsb/ram settings overclocked, I get a message say that the PCSX2 VM-version cannot start and to use the alternative T-version (which is slower)

If I change the settings back to stock settings, I do not get this error and can run the VM version, but obviously without my system overclocked, performance suffers.

Is there anyway around this problem while my computer is overclocked?

If there's not a solution, PCSX2 dev team, at least you are being made aware of this problem Smile

stock:
cpu- intel q6600 @ 2.4ghz
fsb- 1066mhz
ram- 800mhz (DDR2-800)

overclocked:
cpu- intel q6600 @ 3.0ghz
fsb- 1333mhz
ram- 1000mhz

Sponsored links

(01-05-2009, 03:56 AM)CrashX1 Wrote: For some reason, while I have my cpu/fsb/ram settings overclocked, I get a message say that the PCSX2 VM-version cannot start and to use the alternative T-version (which is slower)

If I change the settings back to stock settings, I do not get this error and can run the VM version, but obviously without my system overclocked, performance suffers.

Is there anyway around this problem while my computer is overclocked?

If there's not a solution, PCSX2 dev team, at least you are being made aware of this problem Smile

stock:
cpu- intel q6600 @ 2.4ghz
fsb- 1066mhz
ram- 800mhz (DDR2-800)

overclocked:
cpu- intel q6600 @ 3.0ghz
fsb- 1333mhz
ram- 1000mhz
If you are running vista just boot and run pcsx2 again right after boot usually "fixes" VM version.

Overclocking shouldn't have anything to do with pcsx2 as long as your OC is stable.
200MHz higher RAM clock is critical for cheap RAM. Try prime with the "Blend" preset, reduce the RAM clock or try different timings if it's unstable.
Make sure your strapping the PCI-E bus.(sounds stupid but does happen) Also on vista the reason you get the "not enough memory" problem is when you leave idle for a certain amount of time, or your at startup, you might have alot of programs caching the ram, if thats the case wait 2~3 mins for the cache to clear. If not force clear it with CMD.
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
thanks everyone for your replies! although I don't think they quite fix the problem

juzz--
Maybe I could have been clearer with the problem, restarting my computer and running VM does not work while it is overclocked at those settings, even if I fresh restart it. If I restart it and change the FSB and RAM settings back to stock settings, PCSX2-VM will work. But the problem is that it would be slower than if it ran VM while my computer was overclocked. I should also note I'm running Vista 64bit

morpha--
not sure what you are getting at and I dont understand "200MHz higher RAM clock is critical for cheap RAM"... If you mean that if the RAM is cheap/non-name brand, running the DDR2-800 @ 1000mhz would be unstable, I have Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 (arguably the best DDR2-800 ram on the market). I'm running on 8gb of RAM (4x2gb). While overclocked, the system seems stable although I have not stress tested it yet (although I have played multiple higher-end games with it!). Please let me know if you meant something else by this cause it may help!

azure--
How would I make sure I'm strapping the pcie bus? I have some experience with overclocking but I wouldn't call myself an expert. I've read articles on this but I've ignored them since I figure my BIOS does it automatically (because I dont see any option in the BIOS regarding strapping the pcie bus). I have a eVGA 750i FTW mother board, with a Pheonix BIOS (I've flashed the latest version available), if that matters. I tried waiting a few minutes after start up PCSX2-VM while overclocked, no luck.

I've tried the latest versions of PSCX2 stable, PSCX2 beta, PSCX2 playground stable and PSCX2 beta. All have the same problem.

I've also overclocked my CPU to 2.7ghz which does work with PCSX2-VM, but it's not quite the same as 3.0ghz

Any more suggestions anyone? Smile