VM system changes
Hello,

I am trying to find what changes are made to a system when you launch the VM version, and you are prompted to log out and log back in. Clearly it is a permanent change to the host OS as you never have to do that again. I am concerned about the possible long term ramifications of this change. Blush I trust PCSX2 but I am afraid of something else taking advantage of this.

I know it has something to do with the way memory is addressed, but if I wanted to undo it, how would I go about it?

Sponsored links

Nope,changes aren't permanent.This is needed so as to unload all programs that are in memory and could be in the memory range PCSX2 wants to use,so it gets it first.The moment you exit PCSX2 the memory is freed again
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-16-2008, 04:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: Nope,changes aren't permanent.This is needed so as to unload all programs that are in memory and could be in the memory range PCSX2 wants to use,so it gets it first.The moment you exit PCSX2 the memory is freed again

Good to hear, could you help me understand why I'm not prompted to go through the login/logout process after I power cycle the system if the changes arent persistant?

(Not to go all fanboy, but I need to mention this is a great app!)
As I said,when you log out,all programs forfeit the memory they have reserved (as far as I know) and PCSX2 claims that space for itself immediately after you re-log in.
As far as i know again,this is just for precaution so it works on all systems
[Image: newsig.jpg]