VU Skip and Frame Skip don't seem to be working
Using the default VM exe that came with Playground. Neither frame skip options seem to have any effect with either GSdx or ZeroGS. tried using detailed options. makes no difference at all, like they're not enabled or something.

Sponsored links

VM has been dropped, you won't get support (at least no official support) for it. Though, it was bugged in some VM versions. Try it with another.
as stpdrgstr said.

VM version is out of support in PCSX2_PG Team.
Intel Core2 Duo E6600 @ 2700Mhz (Conroe) (poor O.C)
2GB of SAMSUNG DDR2 RAM
ATI(AMD) Radeon HD4850
SB Audigy LS

And...... I am a korean.
(So please don't complain about my english BlushBlush )
I think is useless open another 3d so here we are...
It seems like vuskip doesn't work in rev 703... i tried it with mgs3 and various video plugin confs (gsdx 888...896)
oh, and I have deleted the old inis...
gonna give it a try later but for now I'm off
congratulations on merger with pcsx2 team.
(02-05-2009, 05:18 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: VM has been dropped, you won't get support (at least no official support) for it. Though, it was bugged in some VM versions. Try it with another.

ok, tried it with vtlb-626. same result.
Frameskip problems have been fixed recently (around SVN700). Our next release will have these changes, and so frameskipping should be better then. But do keep in mind that frame skip is not a big speedup in most games, especially with MTGS enabled. VUSkip is a better speedup but causes visual ugliness in most games (some are still playable if visual side effects are just choppiness or some missing menu geometry, others are less playable).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
What I said isn't that the speed was poor...
it's that vu skip doens't work since 703... in 681 it works fine so I don't know...
However I'll wait for the next public beta...
(02-06-2009, 05:20 AM)Air Wrote: But do keep in mind that frame skip is not a big speedup in most games, especially with MTGS enabled.

That's a shame. The Wii emulator only runs at 20fps for me but because their frame skip is so good it runs at full speed.
VU skipping is the same thing but with different functionality. I don't know the technic details, but you still get a "speed up" in change of giving up frames.