VU Skip
Question 
Mmm, a question related to this option...

Does the VU-Skip consume some type of extra resources compared with other options (No Limit or Limit being more exact)?

It works fine for me with a 0-50-0-4 configuration, but i've noticed that when i have it activated, at zones where i get 60 fps without it exits a fps drop of (aprox) 5 fps.

Sponsored links

Smile 
(12-18-2008, 04:19 PM)tiku Wrote: Mmm, a question related to this option...

Does the VU-Skip consume some type of extra resources compared with other options (No Limit or Limit being more exact)?

It works fine for me with a 0-50-0-4 configuration, but i've noticed that when i have it activated, at zones where i get 60 fps without it exits a fps drop of (aprox) 5 fps.
it depends on the circumstance of game (the compatibility) and the hardware you have. For Godd hardware and some games it may cuase you to lag a bit becuase its trying to render and skip/fast rorward frames and sync sound at the same time which can throw the games compatibility or your good hardware off but for older hardware you can get an increase with compatuble games (performnace) becuuase your hardware cant realy handle the complete 3d rendering but can jandle the sound syncs and image skipping. Hope that answers your question somewhat lol. Smile
but VU Skip can really degrade compatibility so I never recomend it but its there for the laggy games and low end pcs which is great
[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=x-small]
CPU: 3ghz Intel Petium 4 HT
RAM: 2GB DDR400 Kingston (dual channel) + 18 GB virtual (eboostr)
Graphics: AGP Saphire Radeon HD3850 512 MB