VU stealing
HiSmile I playing Dragon quest 8 now. When i set VU stealing to moderate, emu says that i have 60 fps all time but the game much slower than expected ( i feel it when i fighting or walking). Can anyone tell me why this happen?Ohmy
I used latest revs with recommended settings, only VU stealing was set to moderate coz of my week GPU.

Sponsored links

This is one of the potential and likely side effects of VU Cycle Steal. It is not compatible or useful in all games.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
VU Cycle Steal doesnt work well with DQ8.
System Specs
AMD Phenom II x3 720 @ 3.5GHz
ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB overclocked
4GBs of DDR3 RAM
(10-18-2009, 02:06 AM)Air Wrote: This is one of the potential and likely side effects of VU Cycle Steal. It is not compatible or useful in all games.
So, there nothing i can do. Anyway, "arigato" for quick replyHappy

flow.of.soul this happen not only in DQ8, Dark cloud 2 has the same problem.
Nearly any game you use VU cycle steal on with "moderate" or higher you'll have this. Some games (like katamary damacy) will have massive slowdowns even with it set only to "slightly" on some levels. This isn't a bug, it's just the nature of the speed hack.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Dark Cloud (the first) works perfectly with VU stealing set to moderate, If that matters at all Laugh
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
it might just be the games I have played, but I haven't really gotten an increase worth note on games like P4, FFXII, Soul Nomad, and SRTZ so I just don't use it. The other speed hacks are more useful, so is trying the newest beta or revision of gsdx.
Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB