"VU0 perma-stall, breaking execution" in MGS 3
Hello!

I've got a problem with Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater. The game is running slow despite my computer being pretty strong(AMD Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4890 1GB, 4GB RAM). I use 0.9.6 version of the PCSX2 and GSdx 1873. Of course a few speedhacks are turned on and all graphic improvements are turned off.

I've noticed a message being spammed fast as hell in the console during playing. It says "VU0 perma-stall, breaking execution". I think this could be the thing that makes the game unplayable. Do you know how to get rid of that?

I'd love to play Snake Eater in the way it is meant to be played, you know. With all the dynamics and fast action. Currently it's closer to snail racing than to old, good MGS.

Cheers from Poland and sorry for my English, hope you've managed to understand me!

Radek Smile

Sponsored links

Yeah this has been fixed in beta 1888 if I recall correctly. Use that
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Okay, I tried to copy my savegames to that beta but it's saying they are corrupted. Is there anything I can do?
Copy your memory card, states won't work in the beta if they were created with 0.9.6
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thank you very much! The game still has some slower moments, for example when approaching buildings but it's certainly working faster than before.
Thx a lot for the help
Hi it works a lot better now but Now I can't see the faces in the codec anymore .....