Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria - Character Models Flickering
Using PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873, speedhacks disabled, widescreen aspect ratio, 3x resolution, MSAA x2, enabled NVIDIA hack and TC offset 0175, 0250.

Bits of the character models flicker rapidly. Mostly flat stuff like hair and some of the cloth sticking out. Added screenshots of the game in hardware and software mode for comparison.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

What if you set internal res to native, disable hw hacks, and turn of msaa ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
No difference.
That could be due to the newer Nvidia drivers. If you can roll back to an older driver, cant remember what number is was, i think it was pre the 327 driver release and see if that works
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Rolled back to 320.49, it's gone now, thanks.
(06-26-2014, 08:43 PM)Paul Towel Wrote: Rolled back to 320.49, it's gone now, thanks.

what drivers where you using? before as i am on 337.50 I dont gett flickering where you getting but i getting flickering on characters hair models.

I really wish Nvidia and developers here would find way to get bugs reported, cause nvidia keep breaking things more and more in pcsx2 with dx11 with there drivers and i not gona go back 8+ months old drivers to fix just for pcsx2
(06-26-2014, 09:20 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: what drivers where you using? before as i am on 337.50 I dont gett flickering where you getting but i getting flickering on characters hair models.

Whichever the latest one was.

I was getting flickering on the hairs as well.
I've already stopped recommending Nvidia for PCSX2.
Month long ignoring of our reports on their forums means they don't care about the PCSX2 crowd.
Their last official word on it was something along the lines of "emulators = illegal, we won't even look at the driver bug",
so keep that in mind when making your next GPU purchase Smile
(06-27-2014, 01:41 PM)rama Wrote: I've already stopped recommending Nvidia for PCSX2.
Month long ignoring of our reports on their forums means they don't care about the PCSX2 crowd.
Their last official word on it was something along the lines of "emulators = illegal, we won't even look at the driver bug",
so keep that in mind when making your next GPU purchase Smile

Avoid Nvidia dont work for me as I hate AMD/ATI I never liked them had nothing but problems and or regrets when I did have them.

It rather sad that Nvidia seem unwilling to work with you guys to find way to get stuff fix consider quiet few have tried to reach out to them about it. I tried for 6+ months ( and I sure more then one there drivers dev have ps2 and ps2 games and hardware to make there own bios/iso from there own stuff, which isnt illegal they just dont want to be bothered.)

There was this guy Sora @ nvidia forums that claimed he had a "guy" that he would get to look at this and get nvidia to do something but I think he was talking out his ass cause he knew i kept report these issues. he was the one that said it happened cause pcsx/gsdx was using some vertex hack to begin with all these years too.

But I am not going back 8+ month of drivers to fix issues for just a emulator.
Tried out the latest 340.43 beta drivers, that seems to have fixed the flickering issue. Good thing to, since Battlefield 4 crashes on the 320.49 driver.