"Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria" Game Protection disabled
I have successfully disabled "Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria" Cheat Protection (Text Instruction Scanner).
Now i can work to improve the Graphics.I already have no black Borders, maxed out Game Sharpness and
enhance Character and World Brightness Codes.In the Battles the Memory relocates a huge Block of Values
therefore a Patch for PCSX2 is still not possible to create.But in the Town (Chapter 1 - Defiers of the Gods)
i can use Codes and the Game never freezes Laugh What i want to ask is just a Money Value/Code.An Item Code
would be very good either.Because the Game runs very slow on my Notebook i don't want to torture it.
I have the EU/PAL game but US Codes also OK.

Sponsored links

I found this, maybe you will find it usefull:
Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria (PS2) [Trainer v1.1] + 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_05dRey1Y
Here are some codes attached

Attached Files
.pnach   CC96CE93_Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria USA UNDUB SLUS.pnach (Size: 4,4 KB / Downloads: 3.202)
.pnach   Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria - NTSC UC.pnach (Size: 2,58 KB / Downloads: 3.293)
(02-03-2019, 07:03 PM)dhillel Wrote: Here are some codes attached

That can be very useful.Thanks Laugh
Are you able to fix purple forest issue? Is first forest right after leaving first town. Pcsx2 have some workaround for it, but this result in purple filter in mentioned forest.
(02-03-2019, 07:26 PM)kozarovv Wrote: Are you able to fix purple forest issue? Is first forest right after leaving first town. Pcsx2 have some workaround for it, but this result in purple filter in mentioned forest.

Yes, i did make some Tests with that Scene today where you encounter the Skeleton.
I reduced somewhere the first 4-Byte Value 3F800000 of a 16-Byte RGB Value.
I have correct that reddish appearance temporarily but did not check other areas
whether it caused a false color.It probably has because the 3F800000 was the root Value.
I also have detected the Brightness Registers in the Text Section and if the World was
originally designed with equal three RGB Colors it should be possible to pass these sqc2- and swc1-Registers
also equal RGB Color Values (and Zero-Values for Shadow Effects) and the Result would be a World with
everywhere the same amount of Brightness.I'm almost 100% sure that can be done.
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria Action Replay Codes, EU

https://www.cheathappens.com/13365-PlayS...ria_cheats
(02-06-2019, 09:20 PM)dhillel Wrote: Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria Action Replay Codes, EU

https://www.cheathappens.com/13365-PlayS...ria_cheats

Ok thanks for that either but right now i am looking for save files saved on different places in the
Game for VP2, SLES-54644 like these Files:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/931102...eria/saves

These are all for the US Games even the last two which are by mistake denoted as EU Saves.
It's not urgent but maybe someone has few.

INFO UPDATE: Save Files no longer required.
(02-03-2019, 06:32 PM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: I have successfully disabled "Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria" Cheat Protection (Text Instruction Scanner).

Wait...what? You prevented GameGuard from running in the first place?! Dude, that is HUGE and awesome news! How did you do it?
Did you delete or modify the instruction on decompile/assembly level or did you change some actual files?

Since I do almost all of my cheating in Cheat Engine which works really well with PCSX2 because of the static memory allocation, but then with the encrypted values -while not impossible- it was such a pain in the butt that I abandoned it after a while.
In any case, if you managed to block the obfuscation/encryption from happening I am going to have SO much fun hacking the hell out of it!

Please can you describe (in as much detail as you can muster) how you did it. Not sure if it's better to PM or share here on the board (yaknow disassembling not being entirely legal).
(09-15-2019, 09:31 PM)dharthoorn Wrote: Wait...what? You prevented GameGuard from running in the first place?! Dude, that is HUGE and awesome news! How did you do it?
Did you delete or modify the instruction on decompile/assembly level or did you change some actual files?

Since I do almost all of my cheating in Cheat Engine which works really well with PCSX2 because of the static memory allocation, but then with the encrypted values -while not impossible- it was such a pain in the butt that I abandoned it after a while.
In any case, if you managed to block the obfuscation/encryption from happening I am going to have SO much fun hacking the hell out of it!

Please can you describe (in as much detail as you can muster) how you did it. Not sure if it's better to PM or share here on the board (yaknow disassembling not being entirely legal).
That Game has many Protections:

1)
A Countdown Game-Kill Timer: Actually this Timer is always active even if you are not cheating.If you are cheating a Division "divu a0/v0"
will have a result which have a remainder that will be read out from "mfhi v0".To that remainder a Value if i recall correctly the Constant 0x012c
will be added.The resulting Value will be used as the Countdown initial Value.The decrease Counter itself will be controlled from three independent
Driver-Blocks whose Adresses are far away from each other to make it difficult to disable the Countdown-Timer.When the Counter reaches Zero the
Instruction "bgtz v1, $00427f08" will not jump to address 00427f08 but the Information Flow will encounter a trap instead!

2)
A threefold Trap to prevent Gamer to save with Cheat Codes.

3)
Many similar Traps in the Instruction Area of the Battle Scenario Instructions.

4)
Cutscene Synchronisation/Process disruption

I added a description at the top of the Game Protection Disabler Code in my pnach file:
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...#pid595942