"Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria" Game Protection disabled
(10-12-2019, 01:42 AM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: Yes, you mean before fighting the two Sourcerers ? That also happens when i am not using the Patch.
In that Cutscene there are the black Borders and the Blur-Effect is also present.I'm quite sure that's not from
the Game Level Environment but rather a build-in Video.But what's causing this i don't know (yet).

Yes, that FMV scene before the fight. Not the regular cut-scene (Dallas/Ghoul Powder) after the fight. The "TimeStretch" SPU setting should take care of any FPS/Audio latency issues but it doesn't so...perhaps it's an emulation bug or some VP2 PAL specific issue.

So it's the same for you then...wonder if all FMV have the same problem because the intro has audio sync problems too (watch the subtitle timing).

Indeed, it's not patch related at all, I checked that first but didn't mention in my post, sorry. I was just checking if it's something in my settings or not.
In the meantime I tried tweak the SPU2 settings also (more logical to start there but yesterday it was late & I was tired Glare ) but nothing seems to work. Angry
Not a big issue but still annoying.

Sponsored links

(10-12-2019, 01:19 PM)dharthoorn Wrote: Yes, that FMV scene before the fight. Not the regular cut-scene (Dallas/Ghoul Powder) after the fight. The "TimeStretch" SPU setting should take care of any FPS/Audio latency issues but it doesn't so...perhaps it's an emulation bug or some VP2 PAL specific issue.

So it's the same for you then...wonder if all FMV have the same problem because the intro has audio sync problems too (watch the subtitle timing).

Indeed, it's not patch related at all, I checked that first but didn't mention in my post, sorry. I was just checking if it's something in my settings or not.
In the meantime I tried tweak the SPU2 settings also (more logical to start there but yesterday it was late & I was tired Glare ) but nothing seems to work. Angry
Not a big issue but still annoying.

Hmm, i couldn't find out what's the problem.Must be VP2 PAL specific issue what you have suggested.
Maybe something related with Audio Processing.But i am not giving up, 'will try some other things later to find the issue.
this game, money (OTH) is very easy to cheat , crystal is difficult.
to get tons of money, simply use Cheat Engine to search memory for items count, for example Warrior's Areanum,  two bytes, exact value,  use 1, search again , use 1, buy 1 , we should be able to get the item count address easily, then make it 99, sell all in store, make it 99 again.
Later, after we have much money, we can switch to search for a more expensive item to modify.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you please make a pnach for the french version Sles-54645 CR 8510854E i tank you in advance
Could someone upload PAL pnatch file with cheats?
(05-23-2020, 08:53 PM)Jayinem Wrote: Could someone upload PAL pnatch file with cheats?

You can download the Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria UK-PAL Version Patch here.
Any update on the US version of the patch? Ive been playing the PAL version with the patch and absolutely loving it but the frame rate drops and general lag in battles is kind of starting to annoy me lol. No rush.

Already many thanks for doing what you do amigo.

All the best.
I have made a US version of this pnach. It does include the protection bypass, along with some graphical effects to disable. No cheats has been ported though. Here is the link:

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...#pid619692

Here is the Japanese version too:
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...#pid619790
Tongue 
Why is there 10 pages of discussions about cheating in an RPG?  [Image: tongue.gif]

RPG fans usually enjoy the grind, it comes with the genre.

This game any good btw? I played the 1st one when I was a kid, I remember it being interesting.