Valkyrie Profile 2 Undub help?
yup, sometimes, I feel nervous when someone criticizes this forum and/or the emu without trying to search a bit...
sorry for that one Wink

like rama said, those "hacks" work in a few cases and tend to break games quite often.
It's hidden because if we had to give support on it, that would be quite complicated or we would just have to repeat : "disable those hacks" all the time.

Support became harder since speedhacks have been integrated to pcsx2. So I guess, we should keep gsdx hacks hidden for the moment...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Yeah no offense taken,although it could use a bit of criticism,let me be blunt if i may?

1.pcsx2 has surprisingly good functionality in that i mean especially its full screen - window screen job,its simply perfect,no hickups or video going black or something in any time,meaning u can alt+tab,Alt+tab all time like clicking mice on empty desktop without feeling a thing :-) Same goes for save-states Amazing work,really 5+
2.video graphic is solid,although it really misses some AA support,and or bit better quality and less gpu requirement in its scaling,it really needs more features 4-
3.i like the idea to bold letters for best config for games,but it still misses something,maybe more user-friendly names of options? i don't know..4
4.compatibility with games?ohm,well it has solid amount of compatible games it still lack crucial games in it list..would not u agree?gt3-4?example?i mean they are really some titles and they never worked good enough so person can say : Oo i really enjoyed my lovely gran turismo on pcsx2. 4-
5.SVN?oh dear,svn is a mess.really,unless u give it a real search and write it all down for later or learn it u can't distinguish head from tail,compile this before that ,that before that ,that has to be first before that but after that and that..like math in elementary school,yeah it might doesn't seem like it to every day users,but it is.It really needs bit more organizing..3+

I am Really sorry if someone finds this offensive it wasn't meant to be

--> 2 : video graphic is not that solid as you think there are a lot of games that have their alpha layer broken, GS depth transfers do not work, a lot of lens flare effects corrupt the screen etc.., also i think we already have AA support in GSDX.
--> 3 : what better names would be for options than the real option names, or you want names like Clickey 1, Make more shiny graphics 3 etc....
--> 4 : last time i checked gran turismo was working.
--> 5 : uhh dude you too can compile pcsx2 from the svn if you read that GODDAMN compile guide

Just my counterarguments Tongue
@IcemanSR:

1: Yes, it's amazing how far PCSX2 has come since I started using it. I remember the time when I couldn't play Dragon BallZ Budokai 2, I can now easily.
2: Bloody Roar 4, Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (I filled a bug report on tenchu, look it up), nuff said
3: Best settings differ between people. and regions
4: It happens, why don't you search Oni and see how long a patch for the US version took (shadow lady made it and sent it to me, I was looking for ages for a way to convert the EU one myself)
5: um... the guide says it all clearly..
uhm.
i do not have problem with compiling the svn...i had my share of svn work for few years...
Maybe that's why i said what i said,i just prefer nice and clean structure with all that needs to be compiled - compiles in one go.But never mind its just my opinion.

@Saiki
I am not completely sure what were u saying ,i will have to search a bit about "Oni"?Is that a patch for Gran T?or is it a different game ?mm will look up.
@andutrache
i was thinking more "working" without 480p under game config and less random crashes.I even got whole PC frozen 2-3 times just by starting the emulation of game...
Oni is a game...
Well IcemanSR,
if you plan to post stuff you know will come of as offensive to it's readers, then simply
adding a "I'm sorry if that was offensive" won't cut it.
It'd be far better to rephrase your text so it won't sound offensive to begin with Wink

That said, SVN is for coders and not end users. It's how we develop PCSX2.
End users are free to take a look or even compile their own test builds but they shouldn't
expect a polished user experience.

Regarding your other points of complains:
GT games work, AA is available (but works bad, it's not fixable) and yea, we're trying constantly
to make the configuration easier and more comprehensible. There's limits to what we can do
in our spare time though Wink
I will point this out as well:

as of rev 420x there's new easier settings controls for setting up speed and compatability. look forward to that in 0.9.8 if you're having trouble with settings. (I personally don't use it, but it is a nice feature for others)
If you change from SPU2-X to ZeroSPU you will gain something like 10 framerates or more in this game, but Zero isnt a good sound plugin, unfortunately.

By the way... many games appear to gain too much framerates without the SPU2... this plugin are heavy man!

Well... the work of the programers could be much easier if they keep the responsability for the sound emulation, because if they could program some good and fast sound emulation routines, the rest should be a little more easier to implement or to maintain, like speed and all.