Valkyrie Profile 2 problems.
Hey all i have a problem with vp2. i'll describe it as best i can. it seems like when i start a battle or transition through areas my fps dips really low. also, at the start and sometimes end of battle when the characters are saying quotes. it kinda drags out. like if i was like "hey there" it would be like "heyy theeere". can you help me out? also, should i be able to run this?

Specs are:

MoBo: Asus sabertooth 990 fx R 2.0
CPU: AMD fx 8350 vishera 4.0 ghz
GFX: Sapphire tech AMD radeon HD 7970. (3 gb of gddr5)
Sound: Creative sound blaster x-fi fatality pro.
Ram: 16 gb of 1863 corsair vengeance Ram.

Sponsored links

what version of pcsx2, what settings, Iso or disc?

I just Made iso of my disc and ran the game (5557SVN)on my i7 920@stock and 660gtx and ran it at 4x with mtvu hack game runs full speed for me other then then random out of blue slow downs for spit second. and the glitch from the forest
Graphics:

Direct3D11(Hardware)
Bob tff Interlacing
3x Native res
Alpha hack
INTC Spin detection enabled
wait loop enabled
mVU Flag hack enabled

EE/IOP - VUs:

EE Cyderate is 1
No VU Cycle stealing
Emotion engine and IOP set to recompiler
EE/FPU Advanced recompiler option is chop/zero
Clamping mode is normal

Oh and it is an iso i made from disc
Also-also, my graphics plugin is GSdx 5334 (MSVC 16.00, SSE41) 0.1.16
And i'm using PCSX2 1.0.0
What is the EE and GS% at the top of the screen during the slowdown periods?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Why aren't you using the AVX Plugin of GSDX KrimsoN? since the Vishera also have AVX Smile
I'll test and get back to you, DAtank.

and...i didn't know about that strifeWacko lol i'll try that and see what happens
I dont think you should have any need to mess with EE cycles with this game you computer should be equal to if not better then my setup, and they game runs fullspeed 99% of the time
DX 11
4x native
Texture Filtering
Enabled HW hacks=Alpha, Skpidraw 1

MTVU=On
(03-11-2013, 06:03 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: What is the EE and GS% at the top of the screen during the slowdown periods?

Okay so the EE% is anywhere between 80-90. and GS% is between 40-50 during slowdowns.

AVX didn't seem to help. and i used the settings in the above post, but it didn't help...any other ideas?
you can try enabling frameskipping it will make games that dont run 60fps run better, but that also introduce issues, but should be come more playable,
Try enable 8 bit Textures in GSDX to out of cuorisity if you use Native Res for the game is it still acting the same?

other then this i out of ideas unless even the AMD fx 8350 vishera even at 4ghz is still slower the 920 @stock as far as per core performance is which i would find to be lil unbelievable.