Valkyrie Profile Silmeria crashes PCSX2 0.9.8-r4600
(08-15-2011, 01:40 AM)aaa801 Wrote: * CDVD: Disk Type: Double-Layer DVD

please rip the dvd to a iso and try that
pscx hates duel layer discs

He's already tried both. I don't know what ripper he used but all his other games work as ISO's so I haven't gone down that path.

Thanks for the pointer though.
Intel C2D E7400 @3.499GHz
Arctic Freezer Pro 7 HSF
EVGA 680i SLI mobo
2X2GB Kingston HyperX PC2-6400 @1033MHz
KFA2 GTX 470 EX OC
Creative SB X-Fi 64MB Fatal1ty Pro Series + drive bay extension
Corsair F60=OS
2XSamsung F3 1TB RAID0=Data
WD Caviar Green 2TB=ISO's

Sponsored links

Both logs show the game being loaded from either a mounted ISO or from the game disc.
The recommended way to load the games is with an ISO made with ImgBurn, and loaded directly with the PCSX2 ISO loader (CDVD > Iso selector > Browse...), don't mount or use it anywhere else.

Other than that there's no mention of the tri-ace gamefix being enabled in the logs so try enabling enabling "Automatic Gamefixes" from the System menu or enable "VU Add Hack" in the Gamefixes panel.

you know... it would be easier to have the user posting here instead of a third person -_-
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-15-2011, 03:20 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Both logs show the game being loaded from either a mounted ISO or from the game disc.
The recommended way to load the games is with an ISO made with ImgBurn, and loaded directly with the PCSX2 ISO loader (CDVD > Iso selector > Browse...), don't mount or use it anywhere else.

Other than that there's no mention of the tri-ace gamefix being enabled in the logs so try enabling enabling "Automatic Gamefixes" from the System menu or enable "VU Add Hack" in the Gamefixes panel.

you know... it would be easier to have the user posting here instead of a third person -_-

HI there. Thanks so much for the help. I must admit to just assuming he knew the basics anyway as I asked him a couple of times to use the ISO only and he said he had already had tried all the options there and with the disc.

As to the game fixes, he did mention something about trying all sorts of combinations but I've posted your tips so we'll have to see what happens on that one.

I'm not convinced that it would have been the best option to have him post directly as the user is french and I thought that I could filter out the bad english and save you the agro of translating what needed it(and possibly getting through to him what YOU meant).

I've found with a lot of peeps on the facebook page that they can't be bothered to join the forum here as most are from god-knows-where around the world and have great difficulty understanding english. I suppose it's just a little daunting to them.

Thanks again and I'm keeping my fingers crossed he understood your reply well enough or It'll be another 20 posts on fb explaining.
Arctic Freezer Pro 7 HSF
EVGA 680i SLI mobo
KFA2 GTX 470 EX OC
Corsair F60=OS
many users are french here. And many users don't speak english very well. I guess he could try and we'll see
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
For a start, thank you so much for your help Shadow Lady. The 'Add VU hack' did it. He's very grateful. I don't know why it didn't work with auto gamefixes though. Huh

I've sugested that he join the forum for any future probs he might encounter so you never know.

Thank you everyone that tried to help. Mission accomplished. Biggrin
Arctic Freezer Pro 7 HSF
EVGA 680i SLI mobo
KFA2 GTX 470 EX OC
Corsair F60=OS