Various severe problems with God of War 2
Hi Community,

I managed to rip my copy of GoW 2 (NTSC) and got it to run on Version 0.9.6, Beta Build 1888 and latest SVN (3002 actually (I know these are not supported, but its the same with official versions)). It runs quite well (Intel Q6600 Cpu, 4 Gig Ram, Windows7 64 bit, 8800 GTX) but

the problem I am having is always the same:

At the end of the level inside the colossus where you have to climb in its head on a rope, the head part is just missing. Its just not loaded. Please have a look at the screenshot here to see how that looks: http://img193.imageshack.us/i/problemgow2.jpg/

I have searched this forum excessively and couldn't find anyone with a similiar problem.

As you can see I am unable to finish the level. I would need a savegame to continue. I searched this forum for memory-card files, which brings me to my next question: Are memory-card files compatible between PAL and NTSC versions? I could only find PAL-memcards (ps2 files) and the message I am always getting is "Could not find any GoW2 Savegame data on memory stick". Also my Memcards from SVN/1888 cannot be loaded on 0.9.6, so i had to replay everything just to find out that the bug is still there :-((

What I did also try was configuring everything to the most compatible settings (interpreter, no speedhacks etc) -> Problem is still there :-(

Does anyone have an idea how to skip the level? A NTSC-Memcard would maybe help alot.

Thanks for your time!

Sponsored links

use software d3d u will probably see the head!
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-16-2010, 11:21 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: use software d3d u will probably see the head!

Sorry, i tried that, doesn't work too. The problem is more complicated. The head is really not there - not just invisible/poorly rendered. If i try to jump there i will fall out of the level and die.
Tried setting clamps to full and extra+preserve sign? First time I hear about this problem and especially on SVN builds which have more fixes for this game. Can you provide all your settings and plugins used? Also are you by any chance (ab)using states?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-16-2010, 11:35 AM)Bositman Wrote: Tried setting clamps to full and extra+preserve sign? First time I hear about this problem and especially on SVN builds which have more fixes for this game. Can you provide all your settings and plugins used? Also are you by any chance (ab)using states?

Yes I have just tried that. Same problem.

(05-16-2010, 11:35 AM)Bositman Wrote: "Also are you by any chance (ab)using states?"

What do you mean by that? I am using states, yes. Maybe I am "abusing" them too, because I load/save quite often ;-)

My settings in SVN (from left to right)

EE/IOP:
Recompiler, Recompiler
Chop/Zero, Normal, [x] Flush to Zero - [x] Denormals are Zero

VUS:
microVU Recompiler, microVU Recompiler,
Chop/Zero, Normal, [x] Flush to Zero - [x] Denormals are Zero

GS:
[x] Disable Framelimiting, Disabled
100%
50%
200%
NTSC Fr: 59.94
PAL: 50 FPS

Speedhacks:
All disabled

Game fixes:
All disabled

Plugins used:
GS: GSDx3003 (MSVC 15, SSE3) 0.1.16
PAD: Lilypad SVN (r 1853)
SPU2: Spu2-X 1.2.0

Can you please also answer my question regarding memcards? Here i have my memcard, that works correctly with build 3002 but with NO other versions: http://filebeam.de/temp/Mcd001.ps2

Thanks alot for your time.
Stick to using the memory card saves, it's safer! Wink

(ab)using states... lol
(05-16-2010, 12:57 PM)Rezard Wrote: Stick to using the memory card saves, it's safer! Wink

(ab)using states... lol

I am trying but it doesn't work :-) See above.
@ r4in

Well i used to have that problem but in other places,and the cause is that you are using savestates along with speedhacks,disable speedhacks and reload the game from the memory card and you wont have any problem