Vertical lines displayed in namco games (solution found)
(02-12-2014, 06:56 PM)markhoss Wrote: I've changed the options in Config / Video (GS) / Plugin settings / Custom resolution to 1260x1260

Actually you have to change only first number. Second 1260 can be anything. Of course frist number makes the graphics, changing the second makes very little difference, but after all is difference...

Sponsored links

Namco games seems to have been fixed
(12-27-2014, 01:58 AM)mirh Wrote: Namco games seems to have been fixed

How is this a fix?
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-27-2014, 02:22 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: How is this a fix?
??
Vertical lines were the problem and they have been fixed. What cannot be understood?
[Image: beforeafter.jpg]is this explicative enough?
(12-27-2014, 02:28 AM)mirh Wrote: ??
Vertical lines were the problem and they have been fixed. What cannot be understood?
[Image: beforeafter.jpg]is this explicative enough?

Should not a fix be on official plugin?
(12-27-2014, 01:58 AM)mirh Wrote: Namco games seems to have been fixed

Hey this looks like a great fix, but I tried running that plugin and PCSX2 crashed when I tried to start up a game. I tried it with PCSX2 1.0.0 and with recent SVNs. I normally run AVX so that's not the problem. Is anyone else getting a crash when trying to run that GSdx plugin?
(12-27-2014, 02:31 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Should not a fix be on official plugin?

Only if people dont care they wont get support with anything not build by the dev teams build bot.
(12-27-2014, 06:01 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Only if people dont care they wont get support with anything not build by the dev teams build bot.

There are many games that have vertical lines when you increase the resolution in GSdx video settings. So it's definitely something worth fixing.

I would consider using a custom GSdx until the devs get around to fixing this issue, but that AVX-enthusia one shared in this thread didn't work.

If you tried that enthusia plugin please let us know if you got that to work. When I tried to start a game with that plugin, it caused PCSX2 to crash. I am on the latest GIT build.
(12-27-2014, 06:41 AM)planetps2 Wrote: There are many games that have vertical lines when you increase the resolution in GSdx video settings. So it's definitely something worth fixing.

I would consider using a custom GSdx until the devs get around to fixing this issue, but that AVX-enthusia one shared in this thread didn't work.

If you tried that enthusia plugin please let us know if you got that to work. When I tried to start a game with that plugin, it caused PCSX2 to crash. I am on the latest GIT build.

Understand that the goal of emulation is NOT to play one or a few games but all the games for the console.

Third part plugins don't do it, the author is taking on a hardwork and developing over it and since there is no talk about the source code, is already the wrong way.
(12-27-2014, 10:10 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Understand that the goal of emulation is NOT to play one or a few games but all the games for the console.

Third part plugins don't do it, the author is taking on a hardwork and developing over it and since there is no talk about the source code, is already the wrong way.

I usually do not stray from the official builds / plugins, but the vertical line issue (on high resolutions for some games) is something I've encountered and when I heard someone was trying to fix it, my interested was peaked enough to test it.

If a 3rd party developer has indeed removed the vertical lines, then perhaps the official developers can use that as a guide to improve GSdx in future builds so there's no more vertical lines. (if that's possible) In the meantime, lets determine if anyone had success with that plugin to fix the vertical line issue that some games have at higher resolutions.