Very slow graphics on ATI Radeon card
(09-25-2015, 11:38 AM)gregory Wrote: Sure you can't imagine it.

Yet again most of Feral game ports don't run on Catalyst...

I'm sure they did on purpose. The linux gamer market is so huge that they can sell it to a fraction of it...

Seriously, try to do some OpenGL coding. If the code is fast on Nvidia, how can it be slow on AMD. Not 10/20% but 50/80% slower!

The game is the same you know for both driver.

You can check GSdx code.

There isn't any specific optimization for Nvidia ! Actually I did only special code for AMD to avoid bug and to reduce slow down....

Reality is that AMD doesn't have any money to pay any engineer to work on the GL implementation.

OpenGL market is 1% of Dx market. So they have 1 OpenGL dev for 100 DX devs.

Agreed

AMD have many errors

However when occur bitcoin great time, in this time amd gains much money but how AMD dont put enough resources in this moment for improve linux?????

At now AMD dont have much resources however this year at least begins to contract engineers, maybe in future improve seriously for all

For finish thanks for your work, this emu cant be possible in linux without your work

Smile
Linux Mint 17.2 XFCE Edition 64Bit - Kernel 4.00
CPU: INTEL Pentium G3258 (Haswell 22nm) at 4.1Ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus
MEM: 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x2) patriot value (21/8 Gb/s)

GPU: Zotac NVIDIA Geforce GT630 (GK208 28nm: 384 Shaders / 8 ROPS) Passive Cooling 2GB DDR3 64Bit (14.4 Gb/s)
BOARD: MSI H81M E33

Sponsored links

(09-16-2015, 07:03 AM)Butz_san Wrote: 1.9 GHz 4-cores CPU is not strong enough for Pcsx2, you need at least a Core i3 at 3.0GHZ also the Radeon ATi is not good enough specially on Linux, you need a NVIDIA video card GTXXX. Remember, Ati's video drivers are really crappy on Linux, that's a fact :(. You can try using Windows and probably get more speed
its clocked 1.9ghz if run basic task, if running heavyweight application or game it enable turboboost automaticaly beetwen 2.5ghz - 2.7ghz
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go