Very weird problems with GamePad :(
So i decided to launch pcsx2 to play some Kingdom Hearts II and I found that the controller is having some very weird problems. First of all, both the thumbsticks are pushing slightly forward constantly, and the only way to stop them it to physically hold them down a little bit. Secondly, I noticed that if I'm running around in the game, pushing left on the left thumbstick does nothing. i've rebound all the buttons on the controller (Xbox 360 Afterglow Controller) but it didn't fix it. I also noticed when I use the test device option (in the controller configuration) some of the values for the analog sticks aren't zero even when i'm not touching the controller. I[Image: TqDQOqD.jpg?1] I've tried 3 different controllers and got the same result. I uninstalled pcsx2 and reinstalled it but the game was still borked Sad .
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
apurplemanatee.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try to recalibrate the controller in Windows Control Panel>>>>> Devices and Printer select the gamepad and re-make the calibration.
(07-20-2014, 10:47 AM)axlffx2forever Wrote: Try to recalibrate the controller in Windows Control Panel>>>>> Devices and Printer select the gamepad and re-make the calibration.
Still not working. Sad
Redo the controls in Lilypad. X- is left and X+ is right. Not sure why there are no-sign X and Y there, and whether they have that value by themselves or whether you moved the analog when taking the screenshot. If you get the controls to work right but your character still moves, consider playing around with the deadzone of each analog.

Always be very careful when binding the analog controls. They're quirky.
I am quite sure that everything is ok with that values. As already said -X is one direction while +X is the opposite direction. Both should be zero if the stick is centered. unsigned X (uX) is just combing both. (I think uX is what you read out from the pad, while +-X are only used for mapping)

uX = 0.0 is the same as -X = 1, +X = 0
uX = 0.5 is the same as -X = 0, +X = 0
uX = 1.0 is the same as -X = 0, +X = 1

So (just guessing):
-X = - 2*Min[uX-0.5,0]
+X = 2*Max[uX-0.5,0]

So nothing wrong in this display.

Independent on that, have you touched deadzone and/or sensitivity? Can you please screenshot the mapping-tab?
(07-20-2014, 01:00 PM)willkuer Wrote: I am quite sure that everything is ok with that values. As already said -X is one direction while +X is the opposite direction. Both should be zero if the stick is centered. unsigned X (uX) is just combing both. (I think uX is what you read out from the pad, while +-X are only used for mapping)

uX = 0.0 is the same as -X = 1, +X = 0
uX = 0.5 is the same as -X = 0, +X = 0
uX = 1.0 is the same as -X = 0, +X = 1

So (just guessing):
-X = - 2*Min[uX-0.5,0]
+X = 2*Max[uX-0.5,0]

So nothing wrong in this display.

Independent on that, have you touched deadzone and/or sensitivity? Can you please screenshot the mapping-tab?
Success!...kinda... Thanks for reminding me about deadzones, i played around with those and VoilĂ ! Sora no longer moves forward! But now i still need to figure out why i can't strafe left and how to fix it. Here's the screenshot you asked for. [Image: nWZTpFT.jpg?1]
Probably because PS2-control L-Stick-Left is not mapped... It seems you mapped "Lock direction" to the left movement of your controller. Whatever this means - I never used that function.