Video Capture Issues
I've been trying to get video capture working, but I can't seem to get it right.

I started out trying ZeroGS 0.97.1 and ZeroSPU2 0.4.6 but it wouldn't respond to f12 at all. Then I switched back to default, GSdx 0.1.16 and SPU2-x 1.4.0 and this time it sort of worked. It made me a video (which could only be read by Vdub, but that's okay) and a audio file that makes any program I try to launch it in crash (includes Audacity, Vdub and a slew of media players).

When I tried making a second recording it stopped producing an audio file and hasn't since.

I'm running windows 7, have a i5 cpu and a 250GTS GeForce card + plenty of memory. Do the plugins only work in very specific version combinations or something? I really want to record some stuff Sad

Sponsored links

First of all F12 is a GSDX Feature ONLY. So you won't get that with ZeroGS. No, it can be read by Windows Media Player too / VLC Media player. What codec have you selected?

SPU2-X will create a file called recording.wav in the same directory as pcsx2. Try deleteing the file and then try to record.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
"Try deleteing the file and then try to record."

I did, and now it's not creating a new one. The codec I use is Lagarith lossless.
As for the f12 thing, when I open the settings for ZeroGS it says "Capture Avi (zerogs.avi) (F12) so I assumed it was the same.
Start by using the latest SPU2-X (v2). The wav file is created in the same folder as pcsx2.exe is in and called 'recording.wav'. Make sure you press F12 twice for the recording to stop properly.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hmm... okay, it's creating the .wav again, but it still makes audacity crash. I can open it in vlc, but it only plays for a single second. Vdub doesn't crash, but it doesn't play any sound either.
Virtualdub works perfectly here with the audio and video that PCSX2 produces so the problem is on your end.
I don't doubt that. Any idea what the problem could be though? Is there some codec or something I could be lacking that could make the audio not work?
I really don't know, the wav file here just works, even when opened with winamp for example...
Hm... Well, thanks anyway! Smile
Okay, now I've figured out how to retain the wav file, but it's in some strange format that won't open in anything (includes vlc, audacity, vdub etc) EXCEPT in Chrome, which plays is perfectly. Anyone have a clue what codec the wav pcs2x uses, or what program I can use to convert it?