Video Card Upgrade -> Full speed?
Well for me even if the 460 is faster, I still love my 5770 above every equal Nvidia card Wink Mainly also well I'm a huge fan of AMD heh.

Sponsored links

nope Nvidia GTX 460 1gb is normal(you have this you owns all ATI GPU) this GPU work best it should cheap $ now cost alot of new GPU roll out bring down the price of nvidia GTX 460

ATI GPU worse than nvidia in playing hd1080p and gaming also

for gaming must have

intel core i7(third gen CPU)
8gb ram
GTX 460 1gb
window 7 64 bit
this setting is normal for gamer

for AMD user you ko you use outdated cpu nowadays i only see people buy intel core i7 no one using amd
Quote:for AMD user you ko you use outdated cpu nowadays i only see people buy intel core i7 no one using amd
please stop trolling.
this is going off topic, anyways.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-24-2011, 05:06 AM)hell321 Wrote: nope Nvidia GTX 460 1gb is normal(you have this you owns all ATI GPU) this GPU work best it should cheap $ now cost alot of new GPU roll out bring down the price of nvidia GTX 460

ATI GPU worse than nvidia in playing hd1080p and gaming also

for gaming must have

intel core i7(third gen CPU)
8gb ram
GTX 460 1gb
window 7 64 bit
this setting is normal for gamer

for AMD user you ko you use outdated cpu nowadays i only see people buy intel core i7 no one using amd

Please shut the FAQ up, will ya?
You are just wasting time and space on this server.
Better go back to school to learn a few manners, must we?

On-Topic:
Anyways take it from me as a *2nd Gen noob* I learned alot here from everybody.
Uograding your graphics card will give you more speed.Though it depends on the game how much you can get.It varies from game to game AND from scene to scene.
For some speed gain you can use the MTVU hack which will make effective use of your third core(not sure about the fourth one Wink ).
MTVU hack is in the newer releases of PCSX2.
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
i won't be surprised when his signature becomes a spam link.
(09-24-2011, 02:37 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: Well for me even if the 460 is faster, I still love my 5770 above every equal Nvidia card Wink Mainly also well I'm a huge fan of AMD heh.

thats because you suffer from cult mind syndrome.
For the upgrade I was thinking more of the Nvidia GeForce GT 430 because it's cheap and 3-4x better than my current one...

As for the DDR*, I looked online and it's "256MB GDDR3"

Take a look, my current graphics card is on the right:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8600.html

Thank you for all the help, and I can run Dark Cloud right now but only barely. And I lag like hell when trying to fight a skeleton (probably because of his large amount of BONES! AHHAHA)

All jokes aside, the GeForce GT 430... is that any good?

EDIT: I do have an extra v-card built-in to my mobo remember, but since my computer reads 512mb of memory and the official specs of my v-card is 256mb, I'm guessing they DO work together...
No they cannot work together, you can simply have a version with more memory(it's common for same GPU models to be released with different amount of memory, sometimes even with different kind of memoryTongue). It's possible also that it uses your system RAM memory, but I'm not sure if GF8600 had such feature, I know integrated gpu's and also fairy new amd dedicated gpu's have such feature, but not sure about older Nvidia(especially that it's quite useless in dedicated gpu's).

Personally I wouldn't call a GT430 an big upgrade from GF8600GT it has like twice higher texture fillrate, but pretty much same memory bandwidth, interface and most of the rest is comparable to GF8600GTS not really something big. It was a downgraded model from the start, nothing nice to choose. Aim at something faster potentially with GDDR5 memory if you really want to see a difference. At least in my opinion such change wouldn't be worth the money. Get at least GT440 or HD5670 for noticeable difference.
Yep miseru99 is right you know.
GT430 isn't much of an upgrade specially when you can clearly see it has *256Mb* of memory meaning you won't even be able to run GTA IV Pc on Medium specs.
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
(09-24-2011, 01:50 PM)InnocentSam Wrote: All jokes aside, the GeForce GT 430... is that any good?

No.
nvidia geforce GT 430 is just normal GPU(graphic process unit)

go nvidia website to check GPU information this will help you choose GPU you want to get.