Video Card Upgrade -> Full speed?
Ratchet & Clank 2 tends to be slow. Try software mode. it corrects graphics problems.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]

Sponsored links

@innocent sam are u kidding me...the 6870 is ahigh end card....very gud pick dude.....
@miseru even though he got a new card there were some nvidia mobos with gpu boost or something like that which combined the onboard gpu's power with the external card....i read it like 2 years back....
As mentioned before the game tends to be pretty slow due to CPU, you can try enabling the MTVU or "VU cycle stealing" speedhacks set to 1, should help a bit. The graphic issues will only show correctly with software mode in GSdx (F9 while playing) but will be even slower.

Quote:the 6870 is ahigh end card

It's a mid end card, high end are the 6950/6970 Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
None of the Ratchet and Clank games worked for me in terms of speed. So I just stick to cursing at my ps2 until it decides to read properly when I want to play.

I am thinking of upgrading from the built-in graphics of the i3 processor to a separate graphics card. Should I go with a GeForce 430 or 520 (Unless y'all have a better suggestion for a card. Something around $100 or less.) I really have no idea what the difference between the memory clock and the shader clock is. Originally, I was just going to upgrade my cpu, but I learned that the i5 and i7 both use the 1155 socket. Thankfully, it was before I actually bought it. Anyway, the point is, I can't really upgrade anything else until I have an extra $1000 laying around, which is not likely since it is almost November.

Off Topic:
Do y'all think future emulation projects will become easier/more compatible (hardware wise) as Windows 8 will supposedly support ARM processors?
@shadow lady my bad :bTongue2
My processor acted up so I replaced it with a (oddly better) dual-core AMD Phenom II 555. I can run Dark Cloud better and I can run Kingdom Hearts with maximum graphics capability with no drawbacks.

However, I still can't play Battlefield 3, so later this year, I'll upgrade to 6 core BE Smile

And yeah, I see now that R&C is extremely optimized for PS2 and as such would need either exact perfect emulation or a monster of a machine.

And my graphics card could be any end, it plays every game I want on the highest graphics without lag.

Thanks for the replies though, guys.
[Image: hitmanabsolutionlogo2.png]
The 6950/6970 GPUs used to be high-end but not anymore. Also, those 6950/6970 were much slower than the GTX 570 or even the GTX 560 Ti when used in PCSX2.
6770 is actually a 5770, but with some added features. Especially towards the tesselation engine and an upgraded version of HDMI port Smile but furthermore it's exactly the same GPU.