Video Clipping/cut off for Hokuto No Ken.
Hi, i was trying to play Hokuto No Ken Shinpan No Sousousei Kengo Retsuden, and i turned widescreen patch on and off, messed with emulator window settings, and plugin resolution. I even tried native. The picture is still cut off. When adjusting display settings in options, it has something like, Axis Y and Axis X. i tried making both values negative and positive and still no effect. The bottom part of the screen is cut off, i can't see the super move bars. Help please? Im using PCSX2 1.4.0

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Specs are in attachments. Using PCSX2 version 1.4.0

even on default settings i still have this issue. I have emulation settings set to safest. Widescreen patch on. 16:9 window. even with this off it still happens. using 1600x900 resolution in the plugin settings. DX11.  Again, i have tried native resolution and turning all widescreen stuff off. and even fit window to size/screen option. Doesn't help. And adjusting the X/Y Axis settings in game does nothing either.

I am playing from an ISO. 

Thank You.
[/quote]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 10,38 KB / Downloads: 111)
tried latest GIT + OGL renderer instead of DX11 ?
(10-30-2017, 09:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: tried latest GIT + OGL renderer instead of DX11 ?

where would i get his? i want to keep playing with his resolution. it seems to only be a problem with this game.
There you go

FYI, using a custom res isn't a good idea.
Better use a multiple of native res (like 3x or 4x native)
(10-30-2017, 09:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: tried latest GIT + OGL renderer instead of DX11 ?

can someone else give me a better answer than this? I used to have no clipping issues and i was still using DX11. i don't know how it happened? anyone? any idea what to do? list all the possible things to fix this?
Did you at least try what I suggested ?
And what about disabling HW hacks ?
(10-30-2017, 11:34 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Did you at least try what I suggested ?
And what about disabling HW hacks ?

yes. and it didn't change a thing. i tried 5 different plugins for video, and the open gl. changes nothing.
Does software mode solve the problem ?