Video Question...
I can run emulator fine except when FMVs are playing. It just seems to be choppy every other second and sound is bad too. I am running on laptop and specs are good:

- Win 7 64-bit
- Quad-Core i7
- 6GB RAM
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M w/1.5GB

If wondering what game, its FFX. Help appreciated Smile

Sponsored links

First try changing the laptop to High Preformance mode instead of enegry saving mode in your power plan options. They can be found if you go to change your screensaver. Try checking MTVU hack as well. I run this game at near perfect speeds on my weaker intel pentium E2180 so your i7 should run circles around my pc.
(11-24-2011, 06:47 PM)Topken Wrote: First try changing the laptop to High Preformance mode instead of enegry saving mode in your power plan options. They can be found if you go to change your screensaver. Try checking MTVU hack as well. I run this game at near perfect speeds on my weaker intel pentium E2180 so your i7 should run circles around my pc.

What/where is MTVU hack? Also, am running my PS2 games from Disc...

make an iso using imgburn->you'll get a performance boost.
MTVU is a new speedhack that can be found in latest svns->may give you another speedboost
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-24-2011, 08:43 PM)jesalvein Wrote: make an iso using imgburn->you'll get a performance boost.
MTVU is a new speedhack that can be found in latest svns->may give you another speedboost

What is SVNS? Where can I get it? Sorry about all the questions...
(11-24-2011, 09:53 PM)Skeet1983 Wrote: What is SVNS? Where can I get it? Sorry about all the questions...

Actual gameplay is fine, just having problem when FMVs are running in game (ex: Final Fantasy X)...

Quote:Actual gameplay is fine, just having problem when FMVs are running in game (ex: Final Fantasy X)...

Yes and the solution that was provided to you will take care of that problem.

jesalvein Wrote:make an iso using imgburn->you'll get a performance boost.

SVN is a software versioning method. You can get nightly development builds of PCSX2 (not deemed stable of course) from here: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php
These builds have a new speed hack in them called MTVU which could help with speed.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I used Imgburn to create an ISO of FFX. It made a ZIP file and in there it has a bunch of IRX files and a .12 file... Largest file in folder is about 4000 kb... Did I do something wrong?
It didn't make a zip file, it made an iso file.
I guess winzip is th default soft that opens your ISO files.
don't consider it's a zip file, just keep the iso file as it is.
Then use file->run ISO in pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-25-2011, 02:36 AM)jesalvein Wrote: It didn't make a zip file, it made an iso file.
I guess winzip is th default soft that opens your ISO files.
don't consider it's a zip file, just keep the iso file as it is.
Then use file->run ISO in pcsx2

It doesn't say its an ISO and there is no ISO in the ZIP archive it made...