Viewtiful Joe (SLUS-20951) Help
Question 
Alright so I found a pnach file for this amazing game, Viewtiful Joe has been one of my all time favourite games, and yet it doesn't seem to work.

The console says it has found the cheat file, but then it doesn't load the cheats.

Maybe the cheats I grabbed were for the wrong system, as the game also came out on Gamecube, but I'm usually pretty good at seeing that beforehand and the other pnach files I've grabbed from google always seem to work.

I've attached the cheat file, maybe someone can help me figure out why the cheats don't seem to work?

And yes I've double checked that enable cheats is checked.

Attached Files
.pnach   080D5356.pnach (Size: 271 bytes / Downloads: 496)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
Cheat codes need to be in PCSX2 form:
patch=1,EE,20200000,word,00000000

Also, make sure these aren't raw or cheat device(action replay, gameshark) codes. If so you need to convert them first: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Multi-Co...-much-more
(01-30-2018, 08:16 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Cheat codes need to be in PCSX2 form:
patch=1,EE,20200000,word,00000000

Also, make sure these aren't raw or cheat device(action replay, gameshark) codes. If so you need to convert them first: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Multi-Co...-much-more

Wow....How did I miss that?

Thanks so much.