Virtua Fighter 4 - Game Running Slowly In Certain Parts
Hello PCSX2 community. I am currently having a problem trying to play Virtua Fighter 4 in the emulator. It's funny as the game outside of the actual fighting is working completely fine but when the actual fight starts the speed slows down. For example, it would be at 100%, then when the fight starts it goes down to 50/60% and it's all in slow motion...

I should note though that when I used PCSX2 before on my Desktop computer which is faster than my laptop that I use now, everything was working fine, it could be that my laptop is slower which is causing the problem, but I want to confirm that. My old PC was at 8GB memory and I think the Intel Processor was more updated than my Laptop and I think it had NVIDIA too, unfortunately I can't remember the exact specs of my old PC, but I do have the specs of the Laptop I am using now.

I have to use this Laptop now as my old computer is constantly running slow and loading all the time and I think it's a hardware issue which I don't have a clue about. I am good when it comes to software, but not hardware.

Anyways the specs of the Laptop I am using now are as follows...

Processor: Intel Pentium CPU 3825U @ 1.90GHz
Memory: 4GB
Windows System Type: Windows 10 64-bit Operating System, x64-based Processor

I am quite new to all this still, and this has never happened before, so I am not sure if it's something I need to change in the PCSX2 Graphics Card settings, or if it has something to do with my crappy laptop specs. Can anyone help? Thank you!

Sponsored links

Quote:or if it has something to do with my crappy laptop specs
^^this
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You won't get much from this rig. Try to get a higher spec PC with a very high STP figure in both the processor and the graphics card. For graphics, opt in a NVidia and for the CPU, get an Intel Core that is at least Quad-Core and has at least the speed of 3.0 GHz.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
LOL! Thanks for the quick replies and the honesty guys. Sorry, I am still a n00b to all this kind of stuff. I know for sure that my old computer has much better specs. I only got this laptop for very general use, but I wanted to try and see if the emulator worked anyway, so now that I know, I have decided that I will take my old computer to a repair shop and get it fixed after Christmas.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!