Virus in official pcsx2 1.2.1 download???
I just downloaded the latest release from pcsx2 website and my antivirus software scanned it and found a trojan (see image below). Can it be true?

Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU

Sponsored links

my guess is it's the AVG toolbar...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-30-2014, 04:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: my guess is it's the AVG toolbar...

It can't be because I chose not to install it, unless it gets downloaded anyway...
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
Its a trojan in my pc too! But i simply ignore it as a fake warning !
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(03-30-2014, 05:00 PM)Qaddafi Wrote: It can't be because I chose not to install it, unless it gets downloaded anyway...
I guess the downloader is packaged with pcsx2 full installer and detetcted as an adware (which it actually is)
Out of curiosity, which AV are you using?

Because it seems like it identifies GSnull.dll as the threat, which is really funny.
Yeah, use a better anti-virus program. Avast! is free and has been number 1 in my books for over 8 years; also use Malwarebytes' for anti-malware support. While here I downloaded the PCSX2 1.2.1 standalone installer and did a scan with the two aforementioned programs, nothing was found to be bad. False positive on your end, and as a computer person, I'd personally suggest you switch AV's and get Malwarebytes'.
(03-30-2014, 05:29 PM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Yeah, use a better anti-virus program. Avast! is free and has been number 1 in my books for over 8 years.

Avast recognizes other free & safe software as viruses too. No Anti-virus is perfect and i personally couldn't recommened a better one in terms of detection efficiency. Most of the time, i make my choice deoending on the resources the AV takes. Avast is quite good regarding this aspect IMHO.

Quote:and as a computer person, I'd personally suggest you switch AV's and get Malwarebytes'.
and as normal person, I would advise you to keep your current AV and use malware byte's anti-malware from time to time as a sidekick Wink
(03-30-2014, 05:37 PM)jesalvein Wrote: and as normal person, I would advise you to keep your current AV and use malware byte's anti-malware from time to time as a sidekick Wink

I don't want to start an argument, but if you're suggesting he keeps his AV, which picked up a false positive that doesn't make sense, is crazy; yeah, there is no perfect AV in the world, but let's say he's using McAfee or Norton, those two are the absolute worst in the AV world, resource hogs and act more like malware themselves than proper AV. Zonealarm is great for the one thing they actually focus on, Firewall protection and they have an advanced armada of options so one can create truly insane protection, but Zonealarm for AV?, no way. If I'd have to create a list of AV that's proper and works unbelievably well, it'd be Avast!. The only other AV I might recommend is Kaspersky, and only because I've yet to see them screw up, but I don't believe anyone should have to pay for a top-notch AV, especially since AV is important when doing anything these days. I've gone through a number of AV that have all failed or took up resources that made no sense. Heck, the fact that some AV make it up an absolute pain to uninstall and may require delving into the registry is asinine and stupid and yes, I've met AV that just don't want to leave.
Looking closer, that's windows XP right there, likely a Vista theme. I still can't tell which AV that is, but that's a very lame false positive Tongue

(03-30-2014, 05:53 PM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: I don't want to start an argument, but if you're suggesting he keeps his AV, which picked up a false positive that doesn't make sense, is crazy; yeah, there is no perfect AV in the world, but let's say he's using McAfee or Norton, those two are the absolute worst in the AV world, resource hogs and act more like malware themselves than proper AV. Zonealarm is great for the one thing they actually focus on, Firewall protection and they have an advanced armada of options so one can create truly insane protection, but Zonealarm for AV?, no way. If I'd have to create a list of AV that's proper and works unbelievably well, it'd be Avast!. The only other AV I might recommend is Kaspersky, and only because I've yet to see them screw up, but I don't believe anyone should have to pay for a top-notch AV, especially since AV is important when doing anything these days. I've gone through a number of AV that have all failed or took up resources that made no sense. Heck, the fact that some AV make it up an absolute pain to uninstall and may require delving into the registry is asinine and stupid and yes, I've met AV that just don't want to leave.

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proacti...esults.php
avast! didn't get past the first level, i'm not so sure Tongue

Quote:2013-11-25: New results have been published for:

avast! Internet Security 2014.9.0.2008
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 14.0.0.4651
SpyShelter Firewall 2.7

avast! Internet Security, what happened? With the version 8 of avast! it seemed that it started to take proactive host protection seriously but now the new version 9 went back again. 32% to 8% score is a progress in the opposite direction than we would appreciate.