Vista tuning
(02-21-2009, 09:45 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(02-21-2009, 09:36 PM)yunsabit Wrote: Well, ICQ.exe should be clear.

Utorrent - my bittorrent client
audiodg - something von Vista for audio, dunno
VolPanlu - My Sound Panel
CTAudSVC - Creative Sound Service
SLsv - Windows software license service (dunno how to stop that it start everytime and everytime I have to kill it new)
aaCenter - from Asus a tool, could stop it though
-
Well, yea i consider it as normal but i don't like the CPU usage of always 8%-40 or even 60% on one core, even in idle! Memory is np, as I have 4 gig (3.5 to use).
I was refering to the ones that are the same name in the description. (and yes, ICQ and utorrent are obvious, I use utorrent as well)

I attached a picture of mine so you can compare

(2.2 dual core, 4gb ram if it maters: Nvidia 8400GS)

Well even though you have secound life and such thing open and things like the Windows index search you have 37% core usage and 1.58 RAM usage.

On mine I have ~30% core usage (in the taskmanager, even if one core is only used) an 0.98 Gb RAM.

U have second life open, and many things from Windows i killed a long time ago. Well and you have compared to mine low ram usage.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |

Sponsored links

I use MZ Vista force and regularly defrag and disc check my pc often though. you could tinker with MZ and see what it gives you, but if you don't know what you're doing, ask someone about it. I have hand-tweaked my pc and it runs quite fast for vista.
(02-21-2009, 10:21 PM)Saiki Wrote: I use MZ Vista force and regularly defrag and disc check my pc often though. you could tinker with MZ and see what it gives you, but if you don't know what you're doing, ask someone about it. I have hand-tweaked my pc and it runs quite fast for vista.

Yea i tweaked my pc also.

Not with a tool, but myself. It is fast, that's out of question. But I think that my cpu usage is always between 9%-60% does botter me. And i thought that my ram is to much in use.

So I asked for advice.^^
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
then I'd suggest doing a disc check, but in doing tht you won't be ably to use that pc for about 25 minutes while it works on it. (it does this on reboot) so you could try that, it may help (if you can't find it, I'll show you where)
(02-21-2009, 10:31 PM)Saiki Wrote: then I'd suggest doing a disc check, but in doing tht you won't be ably to use that pc for about 25 minutes while it works on it. (it does this on reboot) so you could try that, it may help (if you can't find it, I'll show you where)

Hm, never thought of that. I dunno if it will help but I'll give it a try.

No Thanks. I know how to do that (I have quite a knowledge tough.)
well, I hate doing it cause that means no pc for 25+ mins, but it's worked so far for me Smile
So, did it. nah, I only use 50 GB for Vista so it's quite fast. Well, no failures everything is okay. No speedup. :/

Dunno! Maybe I should accept this and get in shortage a phenom II (Or an Intel, cuz of SSE4)

Thanks for the advice 'til yet. If Anyone has an Idea, please let me know.Smile
well, as far as tweaks go, I think they're exhausted, maybe msconfig and disable things you don't need? or you could try ready boost as well with a stick I have rb disabled as well as a few other annoying things Vista has that I don't want/need/use
(02-21-2009, 10:52 PM)Saiki Wrote: well, as far as tweaks go, I think they're exhausted, maybe msconfig and disable things you don't need? or you could try ready boost as well with a stick I have rb disabled as well as a few other annoying things Vista has that I don't want/need/use

That's what I did allready. Now you see, why I'm so clueless? Maybe it's normal that one core always uses so much usage... dunno. And for the RAM:

It's not bothering me that much tough, just thought to ask.
are you on a core 2 or mono-core?