Visual FX graphics glitch in Devil May Cry and other games
Hello all, new to the boards here but I hope you all can help. I've been playing Devil May Cry using one of the 1.5 nightly builds because the corner box issue was fixed in that version. However, I've encountered another graphical glitch that I never saw in earlier versions of PCSX2. I've attached a couple screenshots to show what I mean. Sometimes (and it seems to be somewhat random) certain visual effects like those around the time statue or the aura around some of the red orbs doesn't display right. I've checked and it happens in both hardware and software mode in both Direct3D and OpenGL plugins. I've also noticed this glitch in Xenosaga Episode I during battles with some of the visual effects from techs and ethers and such where in previous versions of PCSX2 those effects displayed correctly. My specs are as follows:

Windows 8.1
PCSX2 1.5
AMD Radeon graphics card
3.8 Ghz processor
16GB of RAM

All speedhacks on except Enable Fast CDVD since I useĀ isos
The only HW hack I have on is Half Sprite
I'm running at 4x normal resolution

Other than that I haven't touched any of the other settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Quote:one of the 1.5 nightly builds

tried latest ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-06-2017, 09:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: tried latest ?

Yeah, I'm using the latest one.
Are you using the speedhack sliders amongst those speedhacks you've enabled?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-06-2017, 05:40 PM)refraction Wrote: Are you using the speedhack sliders amongst those speedhacks you've enabled?

I have the EE Cyclerate set to -1 to fix the glitch with some of the movies, but that's all. VU Cycle Stealing is at 0.
It would be nice to find which build trigger the issue.
The orbs glitch has been around for a long time
(02-07-2017, 04:20 PM)gregory Wrote: It would be nice to find which build trigger the issue.

I've tried a couple different builds of 1.5 and they each do the same thing. The time statues start out fine, but once I get to the break between missions 7 and 8, the effects around them get bugged like in the screenshots.
I've started playing Devil May Cry recently on PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev-2263 and I noticed the same issue. Both Direct3D 11 and OpenGL have this issue. Ive tried to play around with settings but nothing helped
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.