Vulkan renderer in PCSX2?
Possible or not?

Sponsored links

(09-09-2019, 04:28 AM)Sandi1987 Wrote: Possible or not?

soon™
Right now, the developers are experimenting with it. but it would not be available until at least 1.7 or 1.9.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
The last time I see a thread about it,they were saying that there is not much point of vulkan on pcsx2 because of how the PS2 hardware works...everything has to be synchronized
Even if you use a fast gpu backend,if the cpu can't keep up,the whole process must slow down to keep everything synchronized.
It will probably have an effect mostly on gpu intensive games and probably lowers the gpu requirements
Few posts above you got answer from one of main devs that implementing it. Laugh
So.. soon™
I guess I miss that.
Is there is some branch\pull about it at github?
Edit:
https://github.com/JibbityJobbity/pcsx2
I believe kojin is also working on Vulcan, since he works with Gsdx directly. Maybe LT is as well and a few others.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
It's in the works but I'm not prioritizing it right this second.
Right now we're in a freeze and I'm taking time to look into some other things.

Currently what's blocking me is some of the design of GSdx. For example, device enumeration in GSdx is kind of specific to d3d and windows (if you think about it this kind of makes sense as OpenGL doesn't really do this). So some redesign in that respect is needed. We could continue without this but I'd rather take the issues as I get them rather than putting them off.

As far as performance, I'm not going to speculate at this time.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

Yeah it will take a while for them to implement the Vulkan API. Look at Wii-U Emulator Cemu they just implemented it a while back and it's only available on Work in progress versions at the present time.