WANNA PLAY FFX!!!
(01-26-2013, 03:14 PM)WhyteBoy Wrote: ok now all of that will fit in my current case with no problems and will work perfectly fine with the board i have now?

also would it be safe you think to overclock my cpu after upgrading my psu? or should i not even worry about it

now that you mention size, you only have a mid-size atx case, which is fairly small compaired to a mid size tower >.<

the psu will fit, no problems with that, but the gpu might be to big for the case.

hmm, thats a real shame >.<
midi towers can he had for small prizes but as you told, you are not the pc guru, and i asume you dont know how to put a pc back together again if it is taken apart (even tho it is only the motherboard and psu that is taken out, you do need to know where wires go)

il search for a different graphics card then with a smaller size so it fits your case (shame tho that prize for that card is amazing >.<)

Sponsored links

found a decent gpu for your case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814130838

its less powerfull then the 7850 but it is still a strong card nonetheless
it will definatly fit the case you have because it is one of the compact cards i have seen in a while.
Well.... let focus on something 1? Easy upgrade or full PC modification Smile
If you ask me ,best idea to start from motherboard,coz ddr2 not sexy Smile and so on....
And we can go..slowly to new PC purchase Smile About ATI/AMD i prefer not to have this now. But it's my personal choice.
Working with video and so on, AMD drivers and hardware not best for this.
Or can be changed PSU with some look in to future ,for possible upgrades
Depends..
(01-26-2013, 04:07 PM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: Well.... let focus on something 1? Easy upgrade or full PC modification Smile
If you ask me ,best idea to start from motherboard,coz ddr2 not sexy Smile and so on....
And we can go..slowly to new PC purchase Smile About ATI/AMD i prefer not to have this now. But it's my personal choice.
Working with video and so on, AMD drivers and hardware not best for this.
Or can be changed PSU with some look in to future ,for possible upgrades
Depends..

a complete system build can easely go to 500+ and that is not his budget.
if he can save some money for an extra month he could buy himself a new midi tower ($40~) and get that 7850 with the 600w psu, that way he doesnt have to go all out on the budget and has a decent gaming rig as well

why go new build if you just have to replace 3 parts?
ddr2 and ddr3 isnt that big of an issue really but 3gb is going to be on the small side eventually for pc gaming, then again its enough for now

cpu overclocking on this motherboard will probably be a no-go because it is from a manufactuer pre-build, those bios'es are locked most of the time and the motherboard in general isnt that great for overclocking :C
ive taken this board out on occasion to give it a turough cleaning. remove dust etc. so i am definetly competent enough to move to a diff cabinet if needed Smile
(01-26-2013, 08:22 PM)WhyteBoy Wrote: ive taken this board out on occasion to give it a turough cleaning. remove dust etc. so i am definetly competent enough to move to a diff cabinet if needed Smile

well that is good to hear Tongue

then my advise would be:

get that 7850 and psu, while they are still that cheap (you never know what prices you might get after a month and that 7850 has a free sleeping dogs game, wich is around $40~ and that never hurts right? Tongue)

and in the next month, get a midi tower and put the system together. if you really want to overclock the cpu (which can help drasticaly in emulation) get a newer mobo arounf $70~ and a good aftermarket cpu-cooler (hyper 212 evo comes into mind only 25 ish dollar) and you are pretty much ready for the next 3 years or so Smile

midi towers are usually cheap and around $40 or cheaper (these arent the ge\reat customizable ones but they do the job they are suposed to do)

if you cant wait that long, the midi-tower is pretty much a must before any upgrading is done, but you know... better have the good stuff now and build it in later then dont have it now and it is more expensive next month.

you could look into the midi tower+psu combo's but most of the time they arent that great and the psu i reccomended is more then enough for your upgrading needs (even for more demanding cards in the future, if you decide to upgrade again)
7850 isn't that big of a card though, I've seen 7850s which were just as big as my 5770 and that's also a single slot size card. It depends which brand you're gonna buy, Asus is well known for making very big cards, but take a look at Club3D for example, they have also single slot cards that'll fit in MidiTowers.
(01-26-2013, 09:20 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: 7850 isn't that big of a card though, I've seen 7850s which were just as big as my 5770 and that's also a single slot size card. It depends which brand you're gonna buy, Asus is well known for making very big cards, but take a look at Club3D for example, they have also single slot cards that'll fit in MidiTowers.

most of em are 9 inches or longer and that doesnt fit in a midi atx, that has only 6 inch space tops
my 5770 I've got now fitted in a Thermaltake Swing