WANNA PLAY FFX!!!
(01-25-2013, 11:42 PM)Sukunda Wrote: Do NOT get a 5450. Not all games will run at full FPS even on native res. 3D intensive games like SMT Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga run at 45FPS, it's not worth getting a 5450 if you really want to get into emulation

Forget about emulation, that card even sucks for regular pc gaming. Cheapest I'd suggest is a 6670 or 6770.
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4 Ghz
Asrock Z75 Pro3
Samsung 30nm 8GB DDR3
Radeon HD 6850
CM Hyper 212 Evo

Sponsored links

(01-26-2013, 12:13 AM)WarWeeny Wrote: also keep in mind that we dont know the age of the pc, powersupplies go worse by time (so a 300w psu can go to 260w output over time due to degration)
Yes ,can be big BOOM Laugh Anything can be...But mini electro station 700W not a solution always.Yes, we know nothing yet about details Smile
ok can i get one post plz with what info you are still needing? sry hard to piece it all together. havent slept worked overnight. but my pwoer supply is a...250w but to make things rly easy..
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec...=c02012172

thats what i have just upgraded the CPU
(01-26-2013, 12:38 AM)WhyteBoy Wrote: ok can i get one post plz with what info you are still needing? sry hard to piece it all together. havent slept worked overnight. but my pwoer supply is a...250w but to make things rly easy..
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec...=c02012172

thats what i have just upgraded the CPU

yeeeaaaah, better stick to your ps2, because then you need to upgrade the psu and the gpu and thats easy 150 if you want some decent perfomance out of it.

if your ps2 is broken for some kind of reason, ps2's are like 70 bucks new these days (35 second handed)
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

It's still the best and most important thread to consider first.

With an upgrade to dual-core you stand a shot at playing FFX as it is not too demanding. But that GPU is so old I doubt it supports DirectX9 which is a minimum (and I mean BARE minimum) requirement.

--To add-- One of my other computers has a Radeon 6450. It is not all the good, but it has modern capabilities with DirectX11 and can handle native resolution at least.
I personally had no issues running a 9600 gt on similar hardware wqith a single core amd athlon 64 3500+ on a cheap HP that came out in 2007 and if I remember right the 9600gt could handle PCSX2 at natives and maybe even 2x native.
(01-26-2013, 05:14 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: With an upgrade to dual-core you stand a shot at playing FFX as it is not too demanding. But that GPU is so old I doubt it supports DirectX9 which is a minimum (and I mean BARE minimum) requirement.

--To add-- One of my other computers has a Radeon 6450. It is not all the good, but it has modern capabilities with DirectX11 and can handle native resolution at least.
Topic starter already have quad and PSU 250 W ,6450 will do nothing .
Its same as integrated.
And WarWeeny said already best solutions Smile
(01-26-2013, 05:40 AM)Topken Wrote: I personally had no issues running a 9600 gt on similar hardware wqith a single core amd athlon 64 3500+ on a cheap HP that came out in 2007 and if I remember right the 9600gt could handle PCSX2 at natives and maybe even 2x native.

that is because the 9600 is an 8600 and that is the minimum requirment for pcsx2.

his psu and gpu are to low for an upgrade for the gpu alone especially if the comp is 1 year old or older. he is cheaper to just buy himself a ps2 if it is broken or play on his own ps2 if it is not.
thats understandable. but id also like to upgrade my pc a bit to do other gaming and such anyways.. i figure if i can upgrade it to play the ps2 emu nice and crisp that most other recent games launched will play fine as well. so basically what im seeing is id need to upgrade my power supply and gfx card is that correct? if so what would you recommend from an economy stand point?
(01-26-2013, 01:29 PM)WhyteBoy Wrote: thats understandable. but id also like to upgrade my pc a bit to do other gaming and such anyways.. i figure if i can upgrade it to play the ps2 emu nice and crisp that most other recent games launched will play fine as well. so basically what im seeing is id need to upgrade my power supply and gfx card is that correct? if so what would you recommend from an economy stand point?

budget?