WARNING: Playing LA Rush can freeze your computer
Exclamation 
When I was playing LA Rush on PCSX2, it almost froze my computer. I happen to hit a wall at a fast speed, and the whole computer became unresponsive. I was lucky that ALT F4 was able to shut down PCSX2. This is a warning for other who want to play the game, and for the developers to try the game to run a lot more stable.

And the PC edition has Starforce DRM. It is like playing this game is impossible  Wacko

Sponsored links

(02-23-2018, 10:46 PM)AlexKVideos1 Wrote: And the PC edition has Starforce DRM. It is liking playing this game is impossible  Wacko
You can still play the game in software mode and on your PS2. Wink
(02-23-2018, 10:55 PM)FlatOut Wrote: You can still play the game in software mode and on your PS2. Wink

My PS2 no longer reads discs, and software usually is a lot slower. So looks like I won't be touching this game anytime soon.
What settings were you using? Certain games running at high resolutions can cause significant memory usage and make your PC unstable.
(02-23-2018, 11:16 PM)CK1 Wrote: What settings were you using? Certain games running at high resolutions can cause significant memory usage and make your PC unstable.

Rendered: Direct 3D X11 Hardware
Interlacing: Auto
Resolution: 4X Native
Texture Filtering: Bilinear (PS2)
Anisotropic Filtering: 16X
CRC Hack Level: Full (Safest)
Hacks:
Half Pixel Offset
Skipdraw: 5
Try running it at native and see if it still crashes. Keep an eye on your VRAM usage as well.
Which version are you using ? 1.4 or 1.5 ?
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(02-24-2018, 12:57 AM)lightningterror Wrote: Which version are you using ? 1.4 or 1.5 ?
Try the latest dev build here and see if it still crashes: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
(02-24-2018, 01:00 AM)CK1 Wrote: Try the latest dev build here and see if it still crashes: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
It doesn't necessarily crash. It has VRAM spikes like GT4. Native resolution shouldn't be that bad.