WHY do MGS2 cutscenes lag when game play is fine?
Okay one thing you can do, well 2 things. firstly try dropping the resolution down to 2x native or 3x native, the other thing you can do which may help is tick the "Allow 8bit textures" box, this can improve the FPS in some games.

When the game runs slow, what are the percentages across the top of the window for EE, GS and VU?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(06-13-2016, 10:00 PM)refraction Wrote: Okay one thing you can do, well 2 things. firstly try dropping the resolution down to 2x native or 3x native, the other thing you can do which may help is tick the "Allow 8bit textures" box, this can improve the FPS in some games.

When the game runs slow, what are the percentages across the top of the window for EE, GS and VU?

Hi Refraction, sorry to repeat myself, but as I said earlier I already tried in 2x native with exactly the same results (fine in gameplay but slow-down during cutscenes), I will try the 8bit textures combined with the newest version and see how it runs though, very eager to see "FlatOut"'s settings though as he says he has no lag on the cutscenes which is brilliant, and as far as everyone I have seen onlines experience, unheard of... I will be sure to share his settings with the world as I'm sure it would make alot of people very happy!
(06-13-2016, 08:35 PM)SYNCHRONIC Wrote: The CUTSCENES are lagging, gameplay is absolutely smooth and fine, I am wondering, WHY cutscenes are lagging, when the more hardware consumptive processes like real-time gameplay are not suffering from any frame rate drop?

Just to clear that up, cutscenes in MGS games are all being rendered in real-time. There is nothing pre-rendered there (outside the obvious video sequences).
Ok problem solved! Thanks to Flatout sharing with me his settings.

To solve the issues I made the following changes - 3x Native, and under Enable HW Hacks, set "Skip Draw" to 1, and all runs perfect now with no slow-down during cutscenes! I imagine these settings will work for Zone of the Enders 2 also Smile, gonna post on the wiki to let others know.
(06-15-2016, 11:56 AM)SYNCHRONIC Wrote: I imagine these settings will work for Zone of the Enders 2 also Smile
no.
unfortunately.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I was a bit pre-mature in my excitement haha... still some lag/frame rate drop in MGS2 for me... a definite improvement from before though without the Skip Draw enabled. Perhaps I will try overclock my CPU and GPU further and try again.
Correct me if I'm wrong but with skip draw enabled you won't see all post process effects.

ps: I have a 5690x OC to 4.4 ghz and the cutscene when you first meet Vamp even with EE cycle rate to 33% the fps drop to 45/47.(software mode)
Photo 
Well time for me to post something here.... I have an i7-4790, 2 R7 370 4gb GPU's on windows 10 Pro 64bit, and 24GB of Ram. I'm having sort of the same issues with Random slowdowns from 50fps to a whopping 47 fps during cutscenes or transitions from cutscenes etc etc...is there anyway to to minimize the slowdowns so that instead of dropping like 15 frames or so it'll only drop 5-10 so that the impact isn't even noticeable? Im also using pcsx2 1.4.

Here are the screens of my settings

[Image: i6YEY0i.jpg][Image: qJkSOkM.jpg][Image: EJ6pwEp.jpg][Image: ZBdITMn.jpg][Image: C9XrBFu.jpg][Image: 1X8gNwM.jpg][Image: dupJanm.jpg][Image: 4xeZql9.jpg]
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB
GPU: Gigabyte RX 6900X
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB, Seagate 2TB Game Drive, Firecuda 8TB gaming Hub plus 12 other drives
Speedhacks and reducing the resolution upscaling is the only thing that boosts the performance for me during cutscenes.

'Stealth' camouflage also causes insane performance issues on my computer when playing. Skipdraw does help for that.

[Edit] Just noticed how old this topic is.. lol.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
well I will try to downscale the native res setting as long as it says in 720P for recordings
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB
GPU: Gigabyte RX 6900X
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB, Seagate 2TB Game Drive, Firecuda 8TB gaming Hub plus 12 other drives