WHy choosing zerogs over gsdx???? please helpppp
I have virtua fighter 4 pal and i've been trying it for over 3 years now to make it work on my pc so that i dont have to pull out my ps2 every time i felt like playing it.

Now virtua fighter 4 looks much better and is faster with gsdx 1.10 sse 4 and pcsx2 playground svn593 but it crushes during stage 12 on arcade mode , and also in kumite mode during that arena.
With zero gs it looks much worse , moves slower but the game doesnt crushes during stage 12 ? is gsdx no longer under development thats why it was droped by the playground team, could some post some zerogs config that works well with virtua fighter 4 and is not ridicoulusly slow??
tnks
PC Spec: Intel I5 750 @ 3800 Mhz, 4gb DDR3 G.Skill F3 2000, Gigabyte P55A-UD4, Leadtek 9800gt, Dell 2407wfp-HC, Logitech G51, Win 7 X64, Logitech Rumblepad 2

Sponsored links

(01-22-2009, 01:43 AM)Luptatorul Wrote: is gsdx no longer under development thats why it was droped by the playground team, could some post some zerogs config that works well with virtua fighter 4

actually it was zerogs that was dropped Blink not gsdx, can't help ya with zerogs plugin( i don't use it )
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
At average ZeroGS and GSDX should give you the same picture at the same speed. But this is theory. In reality ZeroGS is much straight and dump plugin, so it's a little stable and often correct that GSDX. But at most of the cases GSDX quicker. To improve ZeroGS quality use Bilinear filterind and AA 4x.
The reason Playground doesn't have it is because GSDX is not part of the main PCSX2 branch. It was developed by Gabest who is not directly affiliated to the main team.
hmm i found the way to make it work nice vith vu skip and bilinear and 4xx , but i cant go full screen with zerogs??? some kind of error cant open render software
here is the stupid arena which always crushes the emu with gsdx during kumite mode and sometimes allso the arcade mode, something related to vmhack, and the life bar doesnt show on arcade mode during this arena(stage12) but still the emu reports alot of vmhack but doesnt crushes like in kumite mode.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

PC Spec: Intel I5 750 @ 3800 Mhz, 4gb DDR3 G.Skill F3 2000, Gigabyte P55A-UD4, Leadtek 9800gt, Dell 2407wfp-HC, Logitech G51, Win 7 X64, Logitech Rumblepad 2
neah , now way passing that arena in kumite mode damn, ive tried pal and ntsc version, with every video plugin , the emu always crushes in kumite mode during that arena in any virtua fighter 4
Just for reference, the actual reason why we didn't put Gsdx in the playground is *because* it's under active development outside of playground. If we added it, we'd have to constantly be re-synchronizing it with the latest version, which would be a pain, especially if we made changes.

With ZeroGS, zerofrog's been tied up with school for quite a while, and will continue to be for the immediate future, so it's fairly easy to keep up to date. I wouldn't call it dropped, though. My understanding is that he plans on coming back to it eventually.