WWE All Stars 0.9.6 better then 0.9.7
So i just buyed today WWE All Stars for PS2 , but cant really play it on my ps2 console , my console cant even read discks properly and it is allmost dead. So i run it on 0.9.7 just like all other games that works rlly well with this version of the emulator , but the problem is that i just cant get the normal speed , with or witought speed hacks , i tryed some frame skip things that worked with games like tekken 5 , but the gameplay is aways slow.
I tryed 0.9.6 and the speed was perfect , the real speed of the game , but it crashes very often and thats why i dont use this verion for other games. Why i can't make this speed of 60fps (100%) with 0.9.7 that i have with 0.9.6? The speed with 0.9.7 is twice as slow with any kind of configs that i tryed , like 30-25 fps (50-60%).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try 0.9.7 with some speedhacks enabled, that might help, also telling us what config you used in 0.9.7 may help.

If its still slow after messing around and getting help from the folks here, 0.9.8 might be better for you when its out
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

i used all kind of configs for 0.9.7 and non of them worked or added any speed to the game , i used speed hacks enabled and disabled and bouth ways didnt make any significant change , for 0.9.6 with no speed hacks at all , still the game has 40-50 fps (70-80%) and when i add only the EE the game reaches the perfect 60 fps (100%) but it just crashes very very often

so in other words
0.9.6 makes perfect speed but with mass crashes, hang times and sudden freeze
0.9.7 runs normal with no crashes but twice as slow FPS

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I see your problem...

you just maxed everything and thought it would fix everything. have you ever heard the phrase "slow and steady wins the race"? SLOWLY increase your speedhacks until you find the right match.

EE at 1 VU at 1, block hack and the other recommended ones is where I would personally start)
like i said , i tryed many ways with those speed hacks allready EE at 1 Vu at 1 , then 2-3 then 3-3 then 1-3 , 1-2 and etc , no result , like with speed hacks enabled or disabled , there are like 2-3 fps difference , not the case with 0.9.6 where is perfect , but it crashes every 15-20 sec during a match
what plugins are you using? (please host pic off pcsx2 or just use text)

and ISO or cDVD?
you could try hunting down 0.9.7 r1888, that was suppose to be faster, might also be stable so its worth a go
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-06-2011, 12:06 AM)refraction Wrote: you could try hunting down 0.9.7 r1888, that was suppose to be faster, might also be stable so its worth a go

you mean 0.9.6 r1888
well i just notice that the problem with 0.9.6 is that when everything is running just fine on full 60 fps speed , suddenly it hangs and it shows 14 fps , the plugins are untouched , i mean they are the same as those from the offical download page , i tryed to change the EE roundmode , but still no change at all , it still just hangs (or freeze) on that state , 0.9.7 doesnt have that problem , but its just much more slower

there is the shot on this 14fps freeze for 0.9.6 , if this can be fixed , it would be sooo great

[Image: captureaeu.png]
post the emulog from that freeze.

I'd try this game myself, but I've played the PSP one and I lothe it, so I'm not buying a PS2 copy