WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2k6 to 2010 Common Problem.
Hey guys,

I've bn playing many WWE games like WWE Here Comes the Pain to Smackdown! Vs. Raw and Smackdown! Vs. Raw 2006... all's well in these titles..

But after or with Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 onwards they implemented this new GFX system where you kinda get a Depth of Field kinda effect.. this is seen when you get your Superstar's entrance or In Scenes which come as story mode (cut scenes) when you are playing Season or Road To Wrestlemania..

All works fine for me during match period and also during this cut scenes.. but the only issue is, those cut scenes are way too fast and sometimes it causes the player's movement faster than his audio (his speaking). Not just that but all the superstars who have these pyro effects in their entrance.. this causes a weird issue for me.. nothign slows down here.. but as soon as the pyro effect takes place things FAST UP Dramatically making it look like its skipping huge amount of frames and doing it very very fast.. and then when pyro is done and player moves ahead.. that skipping thing gets less to 0 making it look normal.

After working around for A LOT of time.. i tried putting interlacing to None and tht reduced the issue upto certain level.. but that skipping's still there specially with pyro effects and even when there is cut scene where player is in the ring after the match with the mike making some announcement or such even there sometimes it does that fast skip thing and then gets back to normal.

^ The above mentioned issue is there from WWE Smackdown! Vs. Raw 2007 to WWE Smackdown! Vs. Raw 2010.

This is same on both 0.9.6 and r1888(beta) versions.

My Config (although no playing issues as all's working fine at full speeds)
- E8400 OC'd @ 3.6ghz (with cooler)
- GTS 250 (with cooler)
- 4GB DDR2 RAM
- Win 7 64bits.
- GSDx 1873 SSE4.1
- GSDx 890 SSE4.1 (and their other versions)

I also tried using GSDX 1873 in 0.9.6 Emul and GSDx 890s in r1888 version... but doesnt solve the issue.

Yes tried using and disabling game fixes but doesnt solve the issue.

Using 1.5x or 2x in Speed hack solves the issue by a very less margin but tht disables the playing of Players Entrance videos on the Titantron Screens.. (and actually it doenst really solve that skipping problem.. that skipping's still there)

If i put that to default and use Frame Skip (limiter) or Custom.. that Solves the iSSUE big time of frame skipping but then that affects the In-Ring WWE MAtch speeds as well and becomes HORRIBLE when there are more than 4-5players (6-men tag or Money in the bank). If i dont use Frame Limiter and keep it Normal it works all fine when there are 6-men in the ring fighting but it gives that SKIPPING issue.

This issue isn't there in Here Comes the Pain, WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw and 0 in WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006... as they dont have these new Depht of Field thingy.. SVR 2006 has it a little bit but its not a big time implementation.

Would really appreciate the help or any tricks and tips that is known to solve such issue.

WWE Fans and PLayers HEADS UP please.

Sponsored links

well i have no idea what might causing your problems. you can try using these plugins (march plugins) to see if they make any difference at all.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...March-2010

if they dont u should try one of the latest svn builds and see if its fixed there.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Thanks for replying and the link iakoboss7. Really appreciate it.

Well the new Beta March 2010 release seems to fix a few issues which were minor in other wwe games for me (like Arena Audience flash ligts, etc)... all that seems to be fixed in this new beta version.. however it also fixed those skipping issue from Smackdown! vs. Raw 2007 - 2010.. but just a very little marginal improvement.. and tht skipping issue still remains when there is pyro and such.. Rest since its beta version.. not all options are making difference.. but then may be i felt that on my games.. i dont play any other games on PS2... for me PS2 = WWE Gaming!

Will keep checking on that link regularly.. hope someday it fixes..

BTW, this Beta March one totally screws up SvR 2010 and freezes it and gives ultra sad hang and speeds unless i keep it on PS2 Original (Native) in GS plugin config. Well that makes the game look al stretched and torn gfx since am on 24" LCD.. looks damn bad.. Nativ = 640x640 = best for CRT TVs since all those torn gfx and stuff gets minimised in its CRT Pixel system which is bigger and lesser than LCD screens..

..Anyone still playing these WWE games.. can share their thoughts.. some tips and tricks .. Thanks in Advance.