Waiting for Gabest's revival (DX 12 Support)
CRC hacks are used to exclude broken things from rendering, or to apply fixes.

For instance many games have broken/glitchy shadows disabled by CRC hack.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

I don't think DX12 will help much. Pcsx2(and similar emulators) are bottlenecked by cpu emulation.
Take for example the Aggressive CRC hack for Final Fantasy 12. All it does is set skipdraw to 1 to remove pesky background blur for upscaled resolution since it looks like ass at anything higher then native.

Something like that doesn't need a new instruction set. So not all CRC hacks can be fixed with an update to DirectX.
(01-25-2015, 02:15 AM)dogen Wrote: I don't think DX12 will help much. Pcsx2(and similar emulators) are bottlenecked by cpu emulation.

That is the whole point of DirectX 12. PCSX2 will benefit greatly.
(01-25-2015, 02:57 AM)xemnas99 Wrote: That is the whole point of DirectX 12. PCSX2 will benefit greatly.

I doubt it. I don't think driver and api overhead affects pcsx2 very much. The bottleneck is executing instructions translated from mips and vector unit code. I don't see how a new graphics api will help that very much.
(01-24-2015, 07:22 PM)ssakash Wrote: I wouldn't expect DX12 support until, windows 10 officially releases.

I wouldn't expect it even after the release. Gabest lost "hot" interest in PCSX2 and GSdx long ago, he just appears randomly when he wants to dump another idea or work he did by just because he wanted to get it off his chest.

Just take a look of the history of his contributions in last 5-6 years :P
(01-24-2015, 11:09 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Gabest updated GSdx recently(with OCL support).

But I don't think D3D12 brings that much to the table. It's all about reducing overhead, so at best it would free up a bit of CPU time for main emulation. Other than that, not much.

This is amazing for Software mode and nearly Amazing for almost every other situation
How is it amazing for software rendering? Software rendering is all CPU based
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-25-2015, 06:49 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: How is it amazing for software rendering? Software rendering is all CPU based

Low level hardware access is about using less of the CPU resources in the typical GPU processed rendering.

and also this

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVHr_Fbph8Oa5_OLbaCoC...Owd8D9Drsw]

This feature is supported by 65% of the GPUs in the market atm, it's gold.
(01-25-2015, 06:57 AM)Serial Hacker Wrote: Low level hardware access is about using less of the CPU resources in the typical GPU processed rendering process.

That's not entirely true, but whatever. The point is, you won't see any reduced api overhead if you're not using an api. Software rendering is essentially done entirely by the cpu.