Want to optimize FFXII video quality
Seriously will ANYONE read what the man is asking for in his first post? 9 replies and NO ONE answered him about how to improve the visual quality which was the question all along. Next time try reading before flaming or suggesting irrelevant stuff.
y2kz you are hitting a peculiar bug with FFXII and that internal resolution you have set which crashes the game. Just change that to 1500x1500 (or something else, doesn't matter much, it has nothing to do with your monitor's native resolution or anything) OR use the scaler and set it to x2 or x3 (your graphics card won't be able to handle more probably)
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

i know but he is also asking how to increase the fps..
what the... calm down mister "i can read, i know everything, you don't". yeah, i'm very sure the game will be so much more playable with better visuals but still ***** framerate. Blink
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
(08-20-2010, 02:49 AM)y2kz Wrote: Wouldn't all of those tweaks make the graphics much worse than it already is?

Speedhacks don't worsen the graphics anyhow, but they can cause glitches if you have too many active at once or the game doesn't like them. You should experiment with what works and what doesn't, you could for instance enable most of the speedhacks and then begin removing them one by one till you find the most compatible option. Some games even work with full speedhacks with no drawbacks whatsoever.

Contrary to public belief, speedhacks can be used to up the performance considerably even on mediocre PCs, and they're actually RECOMMENDED over overclocking your CPU (because that will affect your whole system, do you really want to risk instability and overheating just to get one emulator running faster?).

I've played very demanding games like Jak 3 and Ratchet & Clank 3 at nearly full speed on my medium spec laptop with speedhacks, and never encountered any problems. Same goes for pretty much any game I've tried so far (Serious Sam Next Encounter, FFX, Crash Nitro Kart, Rayman 3...and a few others); it only takes a bit of tweaking to have full speed on most compatible games. Although you shouldn't always assume that the speedhacks will work.
(08-20-2010, 08:31 AM)Bositman Wrote: Seriously will ANYONE read what the man is asking for in his first post? 9 replies and NO ONE answered him about how to improve the visual quality which was the question all along. Next time try reading before flaming or suggesting irrelevant stuff.
y2kz you are hitting a peculiar bug with FFXII and that internal resolution you have set which crashes the game. Just change that to 1500x1500 (or something else, doesn't matter much, it has nothing to do with your monitor's native resolution or anything) OR use the scaler and set it to x2 or x3 (your graphics card won't be able to handle more probably)

Yup, that fixed the resolution and quality somewhat with scaler at 2x. Definitely looks much better than it did before. Thanks.

(08-20-2010, 01:11 PM)Finzy Wrote:
(08-20-2010, 02:49 AM)y2kz Wrote: Wouldn't all of those tweaks make the graphics much worse than it already is?

Speedhacks don't worsen the graphics anyhow, but they can cause glitches if you have too many active at once or the game doesn't like them. You should experiment with what works and what doesn't, you could for instance enable most of the speedhacks and then begin removing them one by one till you find the most compatible option. Some games even work with full speedhacks with no drawbacks whatsoever.

Contrary to public belief, speedhacks can be used to up the performance considerably even on mediocre PCs, and they're actually RECOMMENDED over overclocking your CPU (because that will affect your whole system, do you really want to risk instability and overheating just to get one emulator running faster?).

I've played very demanding games like Jak 3 and Ratchet & Clank 3 at nearly full speed on my medium spec laptop with speedhacks, and never encountered any problems. Same goes for pretty much any game I've tried so far (Serious Sam Next Encounter, FFX, Crash Nitro Kart, Rayman 3...and a few others); it only takes a bit of tweaking to have full speed on most compatible games. Although you shouldn't always assume that the speedhacks will work.

I screwed around with the speedhacks and was able to bring fps up to 50-51 average. Much more playable now. Was going to overclock cpu, but keeping it where it is for now.

Thanks for all the help. Appreciate it. Cool