Warship Gunner 2
Hello,

What settings and plugins should I use to maximize the game performance?

Currently running:

Windows 8
i7 processor
8GB of RAM
Nvidia GT640M 2GB

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Just got back home.

Okay, give me a moment. I'll go collect the informations.

-UPDATE-

-Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs),
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M with 2GB Dedicated VRAM
-8GB DDR3 Memory
-Windows 8

I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 (just downloaded it). The settings are untouched yet.

I'm going to play Warship Gunner 2 via ISO.

Played the first one on this laptop but the game was so slow and laggy to play, tried every solution that I could find but the problem is still there. I gave up after a while.

I don't know how to use the spoiler tag, sorry for the trouble but I attached my DxDiag.txt just in case.
I think the MTVU speedhack helps but there arent many special settings for this. It might be a little slow on your laptop tho
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks, I'll give it a try later.
I played it.. unfortunately.. my EE and VU went above 80% when in docks and battle. Audio slowed down. Any way I can improve? beside upgrading my laptop.

These are my settings:
[Image: jZhHA9a.png]

[Image: YeIEZf3.png]

[Image: Nj1kmpQ.png]

[Image: nkbrDVi.png]

[Image: 0TLlVbE.png]

[Image: rYoiLZe.png]

I really need help on this one.
Are you using for VU1 the interpreter or the microVU recompiler? You show both settings.

Notebooks should be set to high performance power saving plan and should be plugged in during emulation.

you can use gsdx-[...]avx as plugin. There might be a slight performance boost.

What is your GS% reading during slowdowns?
You can disable texture filtering and 8-bit textures and look if that helps.

Have you tried to further increase the VU/EE sliders?
Oh crap, that's a duplicate, it should've been the EE screenshot, sorry about that.
I already set it to high performance.
I'll try using avx plugin when I get back to my home. Currently in college. GS% and VU% reading went around 80 - 98% during slowdowns.

I've done some testing with the Sliders; currently setting it to EE = 2 VU = 1, I tried setting to the highest setting, the game performance went down significantly.

What specs on a laptop do I need in order to the PCSX2 performance to match as close as possible to the PS2? If there are none, I heard PCs are highly recommended for maximizing PCSX2 game performance, what specs should I look for in a PC?
(05-01-2014, 03:55 AM)Bishop Wrote: What specs on a laptop do I need in order to the PCSX2 performance to match as close as possible to the PS2? If there are none, I heard PCs are highly recommended for maximizing PCSX2 game performance, what specs should I look for in a PC?

Your processor speed should be over 3Ghz ideally, using a new intel i5 processor (desktop computer that is) for good performance.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-23-2014, 07:15 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Greetings, I have my own problem about Warship Gunner 2. After I booted up the game and after the logo "PlayStation 2" fades away on PCSX2, the red screen appeared and I cannot do anything to play the game for it

1. My current  PC system:

Windows 10
Intel Core i5 8th Gen
4 GB RAM
1TB SSD

2. The version of PCSX2 I'm using is 1.6.0

3. I don't know yet

4. Naval Ops Warship Gunner 2 from ISO that I was trying to play the game