Way to play PS2 game as fast as possible
Actually, Im been using PCSX2 for few month but im a new member in here. I want to share you to play ps2 games in pc (even in portable pc) as fast as possible with nice graphics (at least).
BUT FIRSTLY IM USING VERSION 0.9.8 OR r4600. I WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO CONFIGUE USING OTHER VERSION SO I WOULD BE BASED ON THIS VERSION.
*This is very effective even to a little bit slow pc (im use this config to my desktop AMD Sempron 2.8GHz single core with ATI Radeon HD 4350)(and in my old laptop intel Centrino duo or to be called intel core 2 1.66GHz per core with intel chipset 945)just like tv quality.
Tried on TENCHU 3 and Tenchu Fatal Shadow. (Run almost smooth like real ps2 with both my pc)
Some games DO NOT WORK. SO PLEASE TRY TO DISABLE SPEEDHACK AND DISABLE FRAME SKIP

Firstly, open your PCSX2. Then select Config then select Plugin/Bios selector.
[Image: 1.png]
Then on plugins, choose to GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16 [gsdx-ssse3-r4600 or similar to that. Apply it first if not selected. Then click Configure... just like below.
[Image: 21.png]
*If you are using a bit slower computer, single core or cannot be apply, then choose GSdx 4600 (SVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r4600] or similar (as long as SSE2) just like below then click Configure...
[Image: 22.png]
now make sure the renderer is Direct3D9 (hardware) / prefered using Direct3D10 (hardware) if your latest directx is version 10. Choose Interlacing to Weave tff (saw-tooth) or Weave bff (saw-tooth) if faster machine. This will ake sure the picture is not shaking while playing games (i recommend using Blend bff (slight blur, 1/2 fps) if your pc is very fast (like dual-core / quad-core high clock cpu and high-end graphic card). Optionally, you can set the Custom resolution to 400x400 if yours is slightly slow. I dont recommend using native. If you want higher pixel, set to 720x720 for higher resolution display and high-end graphic card. For make thing easier, follow below.
[Image: 3.png]
Now for emulation setting. Apply the setting first. Then close all windows except PCSX2 windows then select Config then Emulation setting.
[Image: 1.png]
before Speedhack, set this setting just like below if using slow cpu. Single core should use this setting if under 2.5GHz cpu.
[Image: 5.png]
Last, enable the speedhack and follow the setting below.
[Image: 4.png]
(If you are using ps2 disk rather than iso images, do not enable 'enable fast CDVD' to avoid errors. Put EE cyclerate to full only if very slow pc. Sound will not sync to video if set VU Cycle Stealing set to more than 1. Only set to highest if you dont care about soundsync and just thinking about fast play games.)
*Not necessary to set EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing as same as above if you are using high-end pc. But at least set Other Hacks and microVU Hack as same as above for optimum speed.
Thats it. It will be huge performance change from before and now (if im correct...). *This is very useful to slow pc. You can change the setting as you like. I found this setting when i play with the setting for an hour. Please comment TQ!
P.S. sorry if im post this in not its place cuz im new to here. and sorry for my bad english!
Netbook spec
Windows 7 SP1 32bit
Atom N475
Intel GMA 3150 (Sherby 1.3)
ram 1GB
native resolution, 1024x600

Desktop spec
Windows 7 32bit
Sempron 140 OCed to 3.46GHz
Radeon HD 4350 (DirectX10.1) (512 MB) (hypermemory to 1057MB)
Ram 2GB
native resolution, 1600x900

Sponsored links

wow.. this will break quite a few games..

first off.. block hack is bad. I never use it.
second: you're missing CPU options entirely
third: 400 is NOT a safe resolution. 384 is the next lowest safe size
Not to mention there is no one universal config for everything, not only games are completely different, but the hardware itself too. Such threads should be named "use my prooo!!!!1111eleven settings to break own games completely".
(01-20-2012, 06:27 PM)Saiki Wrote: wow.. this will break quite a few games..

first off.. block hack is bad. I never use it.
second: you're missing CPU options entirely
third: 400 is NOT a safe resolution. 384 is the next lowest safe size

Never see any glaring problem on most games I've tried with block hack, why do you think it's bad?
but i also tried with other games too. very work. at least almost smooth as real ps2 speed. im playing it with all other application close.
(although i see the cpu usage is almost 100% even with dual-core cpu)
Netbook spec
Windows 7 SP1 32bit
Atom N475
Intel GMA 3150 (Sherby 1.3)
ram 1GB
native resolution, 1024x600

Desktop spec
Windows 7 32bit
Sempron 140 OCed to 3.46GHz
Radeon HD 4350 (DirectX10.1) (512 MB) (hypermemory to 1057MB)
Ram 2GB
native resolution, 1600x900
Playing at that resolution you might as well not try at all. It's going to look god-awful.
(01-20-2012, 07:04 PM)naoan Wrote: Never see any glaring problem on most games I've tried with block hack, why do you think it's bad?
how about from personal experience?

(01-21-2012, 04:04 AM)Ninjujitsu Wrote: Playing at that resolution you might as well not try at all. It's going to look god-awful.

not everyone plays for looks
WEAVE? are you mad? thats the worst setting for most games.
(01-21-2012, 04:07 AM)Saiki Wrote: how about from personal experience?

what games? that's what I want to know.
Perfect Guide to break many games. Frameskip is not supported by all games. Many a times (80-90%) it causes a bad graphics. So its not Reccomened

Also, I would have mentioned change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Modes to none in EE and VU Section.

Note :- It may cause problems. Reccomended to try it first.

Also, you must change the power plan to High Performance.

And the resolution you mentioned are worst. Native's the best resolution to be played at for very slow pc. Lower than that is crap. Tongue2 You could try telling to use Allow 8-bit Texture. Also, did the SSE4 version did anything wrong that you are suggesting to choose only SSSE3. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]