Weird FFX bug
Hi, This is my first time using this site, so please don't be too harsh.

FFX on my desktop runs pretty well, as I have an i3 and 4 gigs of ram. However, this is not the problem. When you first meet Rikku, some of the cut scenes will just not work. People will shift positions, meld together, stop doing anything, or just freeze and twitch whilst the rest of the world moves on. After that, close to the end of the part on the Al-Bhed ship, there is a more severe version of what I just described, fallowed by the audio playing way ahead of the video. Ex: The conversation between Rikku and Tidus about Zanarkand happened as he stood, after the choking scene.

I don't know if this is a known issue, but after a while it tends to get on my nerves.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

try set clamp mode to the highest level.
Emulation Settings--->EE/IOP and VU
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(10-14-2011, 03:38 AM)tallbender Wrote: try set clamp mode to the highest level.

I'm getting back to the part it happens in now. In the meantime, Would you mind telling me what exactly that does?
(10-14-2011, 03:38 AM)tallbender Wrote: try set clamp mode to the highest level.

It didn't work, it actually made the issue arise even earlier in the game than before. D:
to avoid some annoying ffx bug
like in your future story if you have seymour in you party avoiding reverse positions and Auron's shooting star goes erratic move it walks backwards.

(10-14-2011, 03:50 AM)tumeg127 Wrote: It didn't work, it actually made the issue arise even earlier in the game than before. D:

can you print screen it(screenshot) and let me have a look...
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(10-14-2011, 03:50 AM)tallbender Wrote: to avoid some annoying ffx bug
like in your future story if you have seymour in you party avoiding reverse positions and Auron's shooting star goes erratic move it walks backwards.

Yeah, it might be about 15- 20 minutes, though. I have to make it back to that place.
(10-14-2011, 03:50 AM)tallbender Wrote: to avoid some annoying ffx bug

Here you go!
PCSX2 settings? plugin settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
It must be his settings. I played all versions of FFX (NTSC-U, PAL-E, International), except for the original NTSC-J, and there's no such bug at that scene.

Reset all your settings to default and use only recommended speedhacks.
this is also reproducible on a modified save when you reset your game postion and events for a new game++